Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Interesting article

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Your friendly neighborhood Bills fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting article

"But in the November 2002 election, when some Florida voters pressed the touch-screen "button" for Bush's Democratic opponent, votes were instead recorded for Bush. "Misaligned" touch-screen voting machines were blamed for the computer-driven vote-theft, and when a losing candidate in Palm Beach sued to inspect the software of Florida's computerized voting machines, a local judge denied the petition, citing the privacy rights of the corporation that wrote the programs."

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15332

They wouldn't stoop to vote-rigging, would they?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just out of curiosity (seriously, I haven't looked it up), isn't the Palm Beach Elections Supervisior a Democrat? I'd think so considering that Palm Beach is even more heavily Democrat than Broward or Dade Counties. If that person and her staf ARE democrat appointees/electees, why would they rig votes to help the GOP candidate? Oh, and it would probably help with accuracy if you pointed out that the "Bush" you are referring to is Jeb, not George.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    Just out of curiosity (seriously, I haven't looked it up), isn't the Palm Beach Elections Supervisior a Democrat? I'd think so considering that Palm Beach is even more heavily Democrat than Broward or Dade Counties. If that person and her staf ARE democrat appointees/electees, why would they rig votes to help the GOP candidate? Oh, and it would probably help with accuracy if you pointed out that the "Bush" you are referring to is Jeb, not George.
    This article is about the 2002 elections... This was after the 3-Ring circus there in the year 2000.

This article is about the potential for corporate interests to rig that and future elections.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol...You've never spent any time in Louisianna have you Snippy? They regularly register corpses down there, and even get them to vote!! This is nothing new, and it's been going on for years....but my question still stands. If there's a problem in ANY County in Florida, I'd think that those which are run by the DNC would be able to keep watch on these things. Did it never occur to them to run random checks on the machines?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    Lol...You've never spent any time in Louisianna have you Snippy? They regularly register corpses down there, and even get them to vote!! This is nothing new, and it's been going on for years....but my question still stands. If there's a problem in ANY County in Florida, I'd think that those which are run by the DNC would be able to keep watch on these things. Did it never occur to them to run random checks on the machines?
    I'm not saying both sides haven't resorted to illegal tactics in the past.

This could potentially be voting fraud on a grand scale.

And yes, they have thought about verifying the results and they can't. The problem is it is considered proprietary technology, so a company doesn't have to divulge anything. With that designation it becomes free from public scrutiny.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.eurolegal.org/usantibush.htm

"we can only say that both Mussolini and Hitler came to power through manipulation of the democratic process. "
    Last edited by Sniper; 03-27-2003 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Um....yeah....
    Quote Quote