Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Politcal Revolution? Via the internet?

1. -1
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Politcal Revolution? Via the internet?

I see now more than ever, that their are lots of people that are tired of all the crap we've been hashing out lately. (basically i'm referring to corrupt Uncle Sam)

People have been fed up for a LONG time but now with the internet we have ways to mass communicate. That's why the protesters are doing so well, they hook up via the net. Now, if you asked me 3 years ago if I gave a rat's butt about politics or anything, I would have said no. Now, just 3 years late I'm very interested and actually starting to learn a thing or two. Still have a ways to go before I would be considered politcally in the know.

Anyway, this begs the question: Do any of you think we're gonna eventually have mass protests and a political revolution of some sort all linked up via the internet? The technology and people are definately there. I would love to see the look on faces of Capitol Hill seeing about 2 million pissed off American chanting something like this:

"We want our country back, corrup government has to go"

I know it's not catchy, but it's off the top of my head and you get the point.

Thoughts?
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Your friendly neighborhood Bills fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A very interesting idea and it could very well happen if freedom of speech on the Internet is preserved. I think if corruption gets bad enough, you scenerio is very possible. Hopefully, the Internet will still be free by that time.

I think the greatest thing about the Internet is it does allow the exchange of ideas. It can also be a very powerful tool of propaganda if we let it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In order to "get the country back", you have to have owned it at one point, yes? The Gov and Big Business are no more corrupt today than they were in the past, and in fact are monitored more closely now than at any point in our history. The "good old boy" network is still in place in this country, but except for small twons, at least it has to be sneaky about things.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    In order to "get the country back", you have to have owned it at one point, yes? The Gov and Big Business are no more corrupt today than they were in the past, and in fact are monitored more closely now than at any point in our history. The "good old boy" network is still in place in this country, but except for small twons, at least it has to be sneaky about things.

C'mon 1227, that was kind of weak. It's a figure of speech. What I was referring to is our corruption, our LACK of enforcing key laws and you referred too, our joke of Homeland Security that is going to see if maybe the FAA will make the airlines build stronger doors, etc, etc, etc, and on down the line.

You know what I mean, dont try to pretend things have not steadily gotten worse since the forties and fifties.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In certain areas, absolutely. I was referring more to poitical corruption. I misunderstood what you were referring to, so my apologies. I fully agree that our enforcement of many of our laws has gone down the toilet. I think both parties share much of that blame, but if you want to point fingers for our porous borders, I think you need to start with the party that has been most successful at courting the votes of those immigrants who have come from the south...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
    In certain areas, absolutely. I was referring more to poitical corruption. I misunderstood what you were referring to, so my apologies. I fully agree that our enforcement of many of our laws has gone down the toilet. I think both parties share much of that blame, but if you want to point fingers for our porous borders, I think you need to start with the party that has been most successful at courting the votes of those immigrants who have come from the south...

Hmmmm, i'm not much into what parties have done what. I guess I favor the Republican side but I know they screw up too. I consider myself a centrist or indendpent party or whatever you call it. I dont know to much about political parties. I think the Democrats are more to the left and Republicans to the right, yes?

I definately lean to the right, but I like a lot of liberal views as well so hence I would be a centrist.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When it comes to immigration, the Dems have been courting(and winning) the Mexican vote for years. They've been staunch opponents of laws which hold down illegal immigrants because those cost votes. The GOP certainly has it's share of crap as well(like fighting the enforcement of gun laws/national crime databases..etc), but on this issue, the DNC has done the most damage.
    Quote Quote