Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: North Korea likely to have fueled missile

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

North Korea likely to have fueled missile

North Korea is believed to have completed fueling a missile capable of reaching Alaska, raising the probability of an imminent test launch, U.S. officials said on Sunday.

The United States plans to join Japan in a sharp response if the test goes ahead.

Washington has warned Pyongyang against the launch in a message passed to North Korean diplomats at the United Nations but there was no response, American officials told Reuters.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Pyongyang could still decide to scrap the launch, but that was unlikely given the complexity of siphoning fuel back out of a missile prepared for launch.

The test is expected to involve a Taepodong-2 missile with an estimated range of 2,175 to 2,670 miles (3,500 to 4,300 km). At that range, parts of Alaska in the United States would be within reach as well as Asia and Russia.
    North Korea lacks an operational missile that can hit the continental United States, the California-based Center for Nonproliferation Studies said in a recent report.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13361343/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    2 fav teams, Dolphins and who's vs Jets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Orchard WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They should just go ahead and drop an unarmed cruise missile on Il Dong limo to make sure he remembers that if he wants to play with missiles we are much better at it.
    AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:
    CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah man, it's about to get real serious if they start shooting test missiles at us over here on the west coast. They are gonna learn a real rough lesson.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacks
    Yeah man, it's about to get real serious if they start shooting test missiles at us over here on the west coast. They are gonna learn a real rough lesson.
    really.... Pelosi would greet him as a "liberator" :groovy:
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    really.... Pelosi would greet him as a "liberator" :groovy:
    You just had to do it!!! Dude we have the Terminator I'm not too worried.

You think they're gonna fire that thing?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks

We wont have him for long

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks

ahhhhh the Ahhnold factah...:goof:

yes Stacks I do, we HAVE to take them seriously if they can actually reach us. His sabre rattling is scary to me no matter because I really think he's a lunatic, once he can prove the ability, and proves the possession of nuk's, the game rules change.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    ahhhhh the Ahhnold factah...:goof:

yes Stacks I do, we HAVE to take them seriously if they can actually reach us. His sabre rattling is scary to me no matter because I really think he's a lunatic, once he can prove the ability, and proves the possession of nuk's, the game rules change.

Well they better put some ammo in the ***** cause if they shoot it, it's on. If they will take out Saddam for whatever that was about, then the SuperGolfer better get it bad.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, Stacks asked me to give my opinion on the North Korean missile launch issue, so here it goes.

First, it is no secret that North Korea possesses nuclear weapons. Even if you take them at their word and their word only, they've admitted to it. As the the launching of this missile that could reach the United States, here's what needs to happen.

Let them launch it. It's a missile with no warhead, so there's no danger in that aspect byut more importantly, letting them launch it will actually let us see what their capability truly is. Can this missle reach the US or are they talking out of their a$$?

Either way, let them launch it and then they have shown the act of provocation, not us, Japan, South Korea...the North Koreans themselves. They are already on the "hotseat" so to speak in the UN and this won't help their plight any at all.

China needs to be brought into the picture as an influlence with the NKs as they have supported and backed the NKs since the fall of the Soviets, but there in lies the problem...

Asking China for help and they will want us to denounce our recognition of Taiwan as an independent nation, which we will never do...

It's a quagmire, but I will tell you this, that should NK launch this missile, they are indeed opening themselves up for military action due to their threats against the region and now their demonstration of a delivery system for their nuclear weapons...

Jesus, they have people dying of famine on a biblical scale and what do they invest the money in...food?...farming technology? Nope, nuclear weapons and a system to deliver it.

The President was right...Iraq, Iran, North Korea...the Axis of Evil...

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote