Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congress to vote on Medical Marijauna legislation today, please help!!!

1. -1
    2 fav teams, Dolphins and who's vs Jets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Orchard WA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Congress to vote on Medical Marijauna legislation today, please help!!!

Myself and thousands of other people rely on Medical Marijuana daily to survive. Whatever you personal beliefs are the FACTS are that it does provide relief for a multitude of symptoms.
    Sick people, chronically ill, hurting, dying people do not need to be persecuted (in at least one recent case left to die in jail for posession of a couple grams) for trying to feel better. The laws of 11 states (so far:wink: ) provide a legal and safe (although still needing major adjustment to the sytem(s)) means for patients and their doctors to use this medicine.
    Heres a link to the Medical Marijuana Project's easy e-mail, or write, email call your representatives and ask them to support this legislation.
    http://action.mpp.org/c.hhLWK2PALoF/...08901&aid=5833

MODS, I put this in the political forum but time is very short, if it would be possible to put in the zoo for more exposure???
    Thank you all for taking a minute to help.
    AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:
    CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Breathing is the hardest thing to do.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bloomfield NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not to be nosy but what do ya use it for

"Hockey is like heroin. Only drug addicts do heroin. It's not like a recreational drug. Hockey is kind of the same way. Only hockey fans watch hockey."
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Orchard WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I was down with a migraine today, didn't stop puking til 4. Looks like this plea for help fell on deaf ears. Oh well
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Orchard WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy8800
    not to be nosy but what do ya use it for
    I use it to stop the muscle spasms I get and to help control chronic pain from 7 fractured vertabrae in my neck and back. Morphine and codeine make me sick and aspirin and Ibuprofen make my stomach bleed,
    Marijuana helps me tolerate the other meds when I have to but it does a pretty good job by itself too. But it looks like I will still be arrested for it by the feds so I guess I better shut up now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Dolphin, its whats for dinner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Apex, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have no problem with legalizing pot or whatever reason. it seems hypocritical to make pot illegal but have alchohol and cigs legal. every arguement agenst making pot legal could also be made about alchohol and cigs, and in many cases pot is the least dangerous.

that said, i dont think it will pass. no congressman wants to look weak on drugs. legalizing a street drug would probubly lose them votes, even if it is for medical reasons.

but if someone could somehow make a laboratory born chemical/pill that produces similar effects and benifit sick people, i bet it would be on the market in a few years.
    Bills fan for life.
    and yes, i know i can't spell worth a damn.

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days.. Ah. Ah. Ah. I just kick this piece of **** out the window.
    -Office Space-
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ch19079
    i have no problem with legalizing pot or whatever reason. it seems hypocritical to make pot illegal but have alchohol and cigs legal. every arguement agenst making pot legal could also be made about alchohol and cigs, and in many cases pot is the least dangerous.

that said, i dont think it will pass. no congressman wants to look weak on drugs. legalizing a street drug would probubly lose them votes, even if it is for medical reasons.

but if someone could somehow make a laboratory born chemical/pill that produces similar effects and benifit sick people, i bet it would be on the market in a few years.
    They have a pill. It isnt nearly as effective as smoking though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I like big drums and I cannot lie.......

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you are allowed to smoke and drink. I don't see what the harm is with pot. It should be treated just like alcholol. You drive will under the influence and off to jail with you.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Orchard WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ch19079

This is what really chaps my hide. The FDA says MJ "has no medicinal value", but they allow a pharmaceutical company to synthesize the active ingredient into pill form. They just make a tincture and put it in a capsule from what I understand. That's some real big hipocrisy there brah!!!
    So you say just take the pill then. Sounds good, as soon as I get done puking I'll do that, If I can keep it down in an hour or so I'll start to feel better.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Letter sent and account created.... :wink:
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Dolphin, its whats for dinner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Apex, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Puka-head
    [/b]
    This is what really chaps my hide. The FDA says MJ "has no medicinal value, but they allow a pharmaceutical company to synthesize the active ingredient into pill form. They just make a tincture and put it in a capsule from what I understand. That's some real big hipocrisy there brah!!!
    So you say just take the pill then. Sounds good, as soon as I get done puking I'll do that, If I can keep it down in an hour or so I'll start to feel better.
    my point was that politicians dont want to look weak on drugs. so when they try to legalize it for medical reasons it sounds good, but can come back to bite the politician on the ***. if, during his re-election campaing, he tries to gain support by "comming down hard on drugs" all his oposition has to do is say he helped legalize pot.

its the publics view of it that is the problem. its labed a drug and we are allways told that drugs are bad. both cigs and alcohol are bad for you, even kill you, but they are not labled "drugs". try to ban alcohol or cigs and you will have riots.

thats why i said, if you put it in a pill form and make it in a lab, it would be ok to sell for medical reasons, because it wouldnt be labled a "drug" in the minds of the people or politicians.
    Quote Quote