Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What North Korea wants

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

What North Korea wants

North Korea wants the U.S. to lift financial restrictions, hold bilateral talks, and provide aid. Many Democrats would do that, endorsing appeasement as the best solution. Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean says North Korea wants food, fuel and recognition, and we should give it to them. If that is not a repeat of Munich, what is?

The North Korean launches show the need for accelerated deployment of U.S. and regional missile defenses. More interceptors and improved radars should be made operational more quickly in Alaska and California. Production of sea-based SM-3 interceptors should be increased, and more Aegis ships equipped with them. PAC-3 interceptors are needed in Japan, and missile defenses should be considered for Hawaii.

The only real solution to North Korea's brinkmanship is to change the regime. That requires continued financial pressure, sanctions to cut off outside aid, leaning hard on China to cooperate, and strengthening missile defenses.

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...2052-8708r.htm
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The article is dead on. Appeasement will never work, and North Korea will never stop with their demands. Yet, can you blame them for trying since Iran just got a huge incentive-laden deal to not enrich Uranium?

If I were the president I would draw a line in the ocean and tell Korea that if a missle passes this point, it's all over for your regime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Dolphin, its whats for dinner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Apex, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    buying a gun and waving it around the neighborhood is definatly NOT the best way to get your neighbors to be nice to you.
    Bills fan for life.
    and yes, i know i can't spell worth a damn.

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days.. Ah. Ah. Ah. I just kick this piece of **** out the window.
    -Office Space-
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is NK's issue with Japan? I have heard alot of it stems from the Japanese treatment of Korea during WWII.. Is this true?
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin
    What is NK's issue with Japan? I have heard alot of it stems from the Japanese treatment of Korea during WWII.. Is this true?
    I think there is a lot of hostility between both NK and SK and Japan because of the way Japan behaved toward Korea for a long time. Note that South Korea, despite probably being just as freaked about NK missiles as Japan is, was the first to rebute the idea of a Japanese strike against NK.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22
    North Korea wants the U.S. to lift financial restrictions, hold bilateral talks, and provide aid. Many Democrats would do that, endorsing appeasement as the best solution. Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean says North Korea wants food, fuel and recognition, and we should give it to them. If that is not a repeat of Munich, what is?

The North Korean launches show the need for accelerated deployment of U.S. and regional missile defenses. More interceptors and improved radars should be made operational more quickly in Alaska and California. Production of sea-based SM-3 interceptors should be increased, and more Aegis ships equipped with them. PAC-3 interceptors are needed in Japan, and missile defenses should be considered for Hawaii.

The only real solution to North Korea's brinkmanship is to change the regime. That requires continued financial pressure, sanctions to cut off outside aid, leaning hard on China to cooperate, and strengthening missile defenses.

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...2052-8708r.htm
    What North Korea wants: No trade restrictions and foreign economic aid for citizens so current leadership can continue to spend 1/3 of current GNP on the million man army. Allowing Jong to stay in power with the indoctrined state plan for the eventual invasion/reunification of S. Korea.

How North Korea is going to get it: Blackmail with nuclear research & weapons being paid for by the 1/3 military GNP instead of domestic aid for their citizens.

For all Jong's craziness, a calculated and possibly 'smart' move from the dictator's POV.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    What North Korea wants: No trade restrictions and foreign economic aid for citizens so current leadership can continue to spend 1/3 of current GNP on the million man army. Allowing Jong to stay in power with the indoctrined state plan for the eventual invasion/reunification of S. Korea.

How North Korea is going to get it: Blackmail with nuclear research & weapons being paid for by the 1/3 military GNP instead of domestic aid for their citizens.

For all Jong's craziness, a calculated and possibly 'smart' move from the dictator's POV.
    Got to take him out now before they can put one of his nukes in a TD2C.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TD2C needs to learn how to fly too.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    TD2C needs to learn how to fly too.
    I'm just a little freaked by his TD2C to be honest. If it ****s up on it's way to Eugene, Oregon it could land on me. Not good, because I hate overcooked Shane.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    now if we had an ABM system, guess who would also be under it's protection...
    Quote Quote