Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: New Board Amendment - Every Member Read

1. -71
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
    inFINS ... I just hate to see rules degenerate to the point of silliness. And adding a "thong" clause is silly. It gives me the image of a nun with yardstick in hand measuring skirt lengths.
    Look we're trying to be as liberal as possible here......Like I said there were those that thought we should restrict it further so please try and understand.....It may sound silly but it is a line that doesn't leave any room for errors in judgement or subject the staff to having to MAKE the judgements......

I think this is turning into a bigger deal than it needs to be but if you feel so strongly about it.....make a new thread and post a poll or a petition......I can't promise it will change anything but I'm sure it will be taken into consideration.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think I'll do a poll, inFINS.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by BigBoy
    And for perspective - here is some real violence. We all see violence on TV and movies and the deaths are so clean and there is no mourning - there is nothing but the killing and then the next scene.

This man was attacking police during an anti-globalization demonstration. He, like many others, are tired of the US and European countries "bailing out" failing economies through the IMF by promising loans with the price of a) allowing foreign countries to come in a buy your national assets, b) opening your financial markets when they are not ready to be opened so that most of the capital in the country leaves, and c) supressing the ensuing riots by force. Don't forget d) killing trade unions and giving almost ultimate power to the bosses, and none to the people. That is what the World Bank, WTO, and IMF are all abuot remember. These "global agencies" are finded predominantly by the people who will, of course, profit most from their actions - Americans, Canadians, and Europeans. Just ask people in Indonesia, Thailand - ****, ask Russia - a country completely RAIDED after it accepted the terms of the IMF bailout? Ask people in countless African nations.

This dude got what he should have expected to get when you attack police. That doesn't mean you don't fight the system, you just fight it smarter. And one of the first things you do is start asking your government why so much violence is on TV, but none of it looks like THIS

The answer is simple - because our government needs us to be behind military actions it may choose to take on other countries. The reality of violence, if shown on TV, would be so gut churning that only the uber-violent few would ever support us going to war, unless an army was marching onto uor very soil and occupying the white house. So instead they indoctrinate with a quasi-violent culture, ensuring that when we go to war people won't complain.

Well people would complain if they saw more pictures like these. Maybe then we could stop this disgusting oil-grab.
    First and foremost, this post belongs in the War forum, not here. Secondly, for your information, I've seen the pictures. I've also served my country in the military. And while the pictures of a civilian killed by an errent bomb are tragic, the pictures of civilian corpses stacked like firewood are even more tragic. Those corpses are a tiny fraction of the thousands killed every year by tyrants like Saddam Hussein. You may want to ask the Iraqi's cheering in the streets what they think of our "disgusting oil grab". Of course, if I were you I'd do it via e-mail, they might expose you to some "real violence" if you asked them to their faces.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, since I believe in majority rule, this amendment will no longer be in affect. Please use your own judgement though.
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by BigBoy
    It saddens me so much to see how literally brainwashed we've become as a country. You sit in front of your TVs all day long and you believe what they tell you. I beg you to turn off your televisions and read a book. Read a book about what the US is doing that they don't tell you on TV. Read a book about the HORRORS of war. Read a book written by someone who is not backed by corporate advertisers.

We've forgotten how to read in this country. We think that everything that exists on TV is everything there is, and that it's al true. Well I'm telling you it's not. It's not all true. And I put those images in this forum because this forum is about censorship. Once we start censoring ourselves like the government wants us too then we will have truly lost all of our freedoms. That has not hapened yet.

Speak up while you can. Don't let yourself be censored.
    I'm seriously sickened by this ludicrous and juvenile mentality that believes that freedom has been handed to them on a silver platter, it's your right to do whatever you want with it, and that freedom comes without any form of sacrifice. Get real!!!

My guess is that you're about 20 years old, are attending some type of institution of "higher learning" and have thus become brainwashed yourself by certain ideologies that are espoused by those from whom you learn. Your mantra which has been spewed (spammed) all over these boards smacks of the same half baked, quasi-intellectualist, nonsense that is regurgitated by the majority of those who represent what is collectively known as "Hollywood."

When you protest this war and whine and cry about the "violence" being "perpetrated" upon the people of Iraq, take half a second to watch what those same people are doing the second they get the opportunity: They are rejoicing in the arrival of Coalition troops, and are literally annihlating every symbol of the regime from which they are being liberated. These are a people who understand that their freedom has a price, and that price includes the shedding of blood. These are people who have been slaughtered for decades now in the name of a man who holds himself up to be God, and whose only aim is to further his own wealth and stature. These are a people who, unlike most of us in the U.S., are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of their nation's future, and who are YOU to tell them that they do not deserve the right to share in the same type of lifestyle which you yourself so comfortably enjoy?

I will answer that question for you: In light of the present set of circumstances, and in light of the feable arguments which you've made here in these forums, you are nobody. You have likely done nothing to earn the right to make moronic and imicilic comments such as the ones you have made. You have not been willing to put your mind, body, and soul on the line as I- and many others- have. You sit in the comfort and quiet of your dorm room, bedroom, or whatever hovel you infest, and lob rocks from behind the protection of your plexiglass barrier.

It is your right to do this however, and it is your right to act like and infetile little child who adopts the "rebel" view of the world in order to make himself feel as though he is personally doing something worthwhile. It is your downfall however, that you believe that just because a majority of people believe one thing, that it is your obligation to argue that point regardless of the amount of merrit contained within the argument.

I write this knowing that it will change nothing in that closed off, sheltered, unbending, and intolerant chamber you call a mind. I write this knowing that you have shown neither the capacity nor the ability to achieve rational, independant thought.

I feel very sorry for you, and for those at whatever coffee corner you infest. Your self serving quasi-intellectualism does nothing but breed resentment, intolerance, and hatred and it saddens me to think that someone, somewhere, at some time, died so that you could act in this pathetic, childish manner; grow up.
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote