Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Wii Luv u Nintendo" Thread

1. -1
    Nintendo Nerd and proud of it!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UF Fin Kat
    ps3, xbox360 = big ole yawn. GET THE WII!!!
    Yup! The Facts:

Will be less then $250 dollars. Most likely $199 since Nintendo has yet to go over that when releasing a new console.

The NES, SNES, N64, GameCube and Wii games all accounted for making the biggest library of games ever. Not to mention the highest quality.

Its new. Yes the other two are as well, but really they offer nothing truely new that changes the way we play and look at games. Wii will push the limits of interactivity and fun.

Anybody can look at the titles Nintendo has coming in and around the launch and easily see this is the strongest launch lineup ever. You have Zelda and Metroid together for sure. Two franchises that have proven to be top notch. Then in the months following you have Mario and Super Smash Brothers. On top of all of that Sonic will be coming in at some point in the game that goes back to his roots. And thats not even scratching the surface of games that are on the way.

Fact is the Wii will be fun to say the least.

The Master of Disaster Of The Los Lonely Boys Clique
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Link
    Yup! The Facts:

Will be less then $250 dollars. Most likely $199 since Nintendo has yet to go over that when releasing a new console.

The NES, SNES, N64, GameCube and Wii games all accounted for making the biggest library of games ever. Not to mention the highest quality.
    You forgot Genesis
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    You forgot Genesis
    Haha, yeah sorry I seem to keep doing that. Add the Genesis games and that is the icing on the cake.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yup! The Facts:

Its new. Yes the other two are as well, but really they offer nothing truely new that changes the way we play and look at games. Wii will push the limits of interactivity and fun.

Anybody can look at the titles Nintendo has coming in and around the launch and easily see this is the strongest launch lineup ever. You have Zelda and Metroid together for sure. Two franchises that have proven to be top notch. Then in the months following you have Mario and Super Smash Brothers. On top of all of that Sonic will be coming in at some point in the game that goes back to his roots. And thats not even scratching the surface of games that are on the way.

Fact is the Wii will be fun to say the least.
    I'd hardly call those facts... It's a lot of speculation. I'll buy a Wii because it's cheap and I buy every new gadget (except the PS3... Not sure I can swing $600 this Christmas). But I'd hardly say it was for the games. The new Zelda will probly be good. But Zelda games haven't been GREAT since Ocarina of Time (please don't start defending Wind Waker). Metroid Prime was good... Prime 2 was ok. These aren't killer apps anymore. But Nintendo has the most loyal fans ever, and they will buy it.

The Wii is barely more powerful than an xbox. Hell, their flagship game is a gamecube game (that's not cool). Their entire lineup are full of gimmicky ways to use that "Wii mote". Wii Sports? Are you kidding. Third parties will try and use the Wii gimmick to their advantage and it'll make some money.

EDIT -- Oh, and for WAY less than the cost of a Wii (hell, if we're cool I'd do it for free) I can set it up so you can have every nes, gba, genesis, n64, tg16, and snes game on your regular xbox... perfectly emulated.

If you're in the south Florida area, PM me :wink:

In the end, gamers will NOT be able to have all of their gaming needs satisfied with a Wii. Nintendo's consoles are second or third consoles. Gamers will still have to get a 360 or a PS3 for the big games.

2009 Fanhell.com Fantasy Football Champion
    My Adopt-a-Fin is "Big Hit" Tony Bua
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy8800
    almost nothing is indefensible.

heres how i defend it. is it MY fault that it took nintendo to make it able to play everygame on 1 system? no its not....and there is a technology to make it so i can and i will use it.....have u never taped a song of the radio or made a copy of a cd for a friend?
    My, what a sense of entitlement you have. Who the **** said you had the right to be able to play a Nintendo game? Did someone slip that into the Constitution while I was sleeping? Playing a video game, listening to a CD, watching a movie, all of these are privledges. Privledges you typically pay for.

Nintendo still has the right to all of their older IP, and even if many games can't be found anymore, and consoles to play them on start to wear out and disappear, that doesn't give anyone any legal right to pirate ROMs. If anything, Virtual console makes pirating these games even more unjustifiable, since you now you're going to have a viable and legitimate way of playing them.

Enjoy ripping off Nintendo's property, and breaking the law to boot.
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    EDIT -- Oh, and for WAY less than the cost of a Wii (hell, if we're cool I'd do it for free) I can set it up so you can have every nes, gba, genesis, n64, tg16, and snes game on your regular xbox... perfectly emulated.
    First, I said I can. I never said i'd do anything illegal. The Mor does not condone nor promote the piracy of software.

My, what a sense of entitlement you have. Who the **** said you had the right to be able to play a Nintendo game? Did someone slip that into the Constitution while I was sleeping? Playing a video game, listening to a CD, watching a movie, all of these are privledges. Privledges you typically pay for.

Nintendo still has the right to all of their older IP, and even if many games can't be found anymore, and consoles to play them on start to wear out and disappear, that doesn't give anyone any legal right to pirate ROMs. If anything, Virtual console makes pirating these games even more unjustifiable, since you now you're going to have a viable and legitimate way of playing them.

Enjoy ripping off Nintendo's property, and breaking the law to boot.
    Second, you can take that self righteous mess somewhere else. Nintendo sees nothing but dollar signs from "dedicated loyals" like yourself. You think they give 1 hooping crap about you or their old games? They just realized that people will pay $5-$15 for old games and decided to sell it. They could have done this crap with the gamecube. They never saw the dollar signs before, so they never cared. Same reason they bailed on online play with the gamecube. Nintendo said people don't really want to play games online. 3 million xbox live subscribers say otherwise. Xbox live arcade is making a killing from classic games on live arcade. So Nintendo realized (smartly) that they too can sell old games... AND that they have a lot of them.

So this whole "nintendo owns those games" nonsense means nothing to. Just like it meant nothing to nintendo until they realized there were still folks out there that they can get money out of.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mor911
    WTF?
    Let me see if I'm reading you correctly. According to you, Nintendo didn't see the "dollar signs" in their back catalogue for years. You seem to be saying that this means Joe Gamer pretty much had free reign to pirate those games, because Nintendo didn't "care" about them anymore. I don't quite understand how this at all diminishes their right of ownership of their intellectual property. Until the copyright expires (and in today's corporate America, probably never) they retain all rights to it.

Of course, now that they realize they have a potential cash cow. People are, and have been clamoring for years for a legitimate way to enjoy classic games that they're either unable to play anymore, was never able to play in the first place, or simply have them all available in one box. Nintendo is providing it at last, and no ****ing **** they're doing it for the money. Nintendo's obligation as a corporation is to make money. It's just, some of us in the world, I dunno, enjoy not ripping off things.

Lolz at this thread being completely derailed.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    It's just, some of us in the world, I dunno, enjoy not ripping off things.

Lolz at this thread being completely derailed.
    Or... Some of don't want to admit it in defense of Nintendo.

I'm not saying the games don't belong to them... THEY DO. I'm not saying it's right... IT ISN'T. What I am saying is that Nintando is broadcasting backward compatability for NES through GC to make it a major selling point for their console. It's going to work. I just don't know why. The Wii is extremely underpowered. The games wiull be fun but gimmicky. This thing will not be anyone's primary home console. All real gamer will still have to buy a 360 or a PS3 (or both). That's all I'm saying. Of course it'll be $200 - $250... The thing pushes out visuals I can get from my current gen xbox. It's doing work (like backward compatability) that I can do on a current gen xbox.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mor911
    Or... Some of don't want to admit it in defense of Nintendo.

I'm not saying the games don't belong to them... THEY DO. I'm not saying it's right... IT ISN'T. What I am saying is that Nintando is broadcasting backward compatability for NES through GC to make it a major selling point for their console. It's going to work. I just don't know why. The Wii is extremely underpowered. The games wiull be fun but gimmicky. This thing will not be anyone's primary home console. All real gamer will still have to buy a 360 or a PS3 (or both). That's all I'm saying. Of course it'll be $200 - $250... The thing pushes out visuals I can get from my current gen xbox. It's doing work (like backward compatability) that I can do on a current gen xbox.
    That is way off. You do realise that for many including myself the games on Nintendo systems are what I like what I want. I also care little to nothing about stunning graphics. For me it is and and has always been about the games. I can't get Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, DK, Fire Emblem, and many others on the other systems and I only buy one system. I don't have the money to support more then one console and handheld at once. I look at the other two and sure their games have nice graphics, but they do not interest me the way Zelda or any of the other games I mentioned do.

To you the Wii and some of the games may be gimmicky, but to me it is not. You also have to see that these are the first titles and later in the life of the Wii the methods of using the controller will get better as developers have more time to work with ideas. People like you seem to have this hard to understand hate towards Nintendo. Sure they made some mistakes in the past, but all companies do. I think that they are turning it around with the Wii. Untill you play the games you can't judge the Wii.

Also, don't start your speech about how Nintendo's games are not as good as they use to be. I don't buy it and I don't want to hear it. I feel that both Metroid Primes were top notch and I like The Wind Waker as my third or forth favorite Zelda.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is way off. You do realise that for many including myself the games on Nintendo systems are what I like what I want. I also care little to nothing about stunning graphics. For me it is and and has always been about the games. I can't get Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, DK, Fire Emblem, and many others on the other systems and I only buy one system. I don't have the money to support more then one console and handheld at once. I look at the other two and sure their games have nice graphics, but they do not interest me the way Zelda or any of the other games I mentioned do.

To you the Wii and some of the games may be gimmicky, but to me it is not. You also have to see that these are the first titles and later in the life of the Wii the methods of using the controller will get better as developers have more time to work with ideas. People like you seem to have this hard to understand hate towards Nintendo. Sure they made some mistakes in the past, but all companies do. I think that they are turning it around with the Wii. Untill you play the games you can't judge the Wii.

Also, don't start your speech about how Nintendo's games are not as good as they use to be. I don't buy it and I don't want to hear it. I feel that both Metroid Primes were top notch and I like The Wind Waker as my third or forth favorite Zelda.
    You and the smaller portion of the market will buy a console for all of 5-10 games. I want a library of good games, not a handful releassed by Nintendo and not 30 sports spin-offs. There games ARE NOT as good as they used to be. They have dedicated fans. They will sell consoles. Hell, I buy everything Nintendo puts out. But it's still gonna be a second or 3rd console.

You are definitely the minority gamer in that Nintendo fills all of your gaming needs.
    Quote Quote