Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am stepping down.

1. -1
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

I am stepping down.

I know this might seem weird to some of you, but I have decided to step down as the Assistant Administrator. You all mean a lot to me, but my computer time has dwindled as of late, and Andrew deserves better than I have been giving him as far as site help.

I have to promote someone to fill my shoes, and the decision was not an easy one. There were a few priorities for the job, and the number one issue was available night time to admin the site. Also we needed someone who has tact, and can deal with difficult situations without losing their head. All of our moderators fell into that catagory rather well.

However Wharfrat is a computer tech, is on the forums 24-7 ( you know you are Wharf ) and has run the most heated forums we have in the Smack area.

Thus my decision was to move Wharf up and take my spot.

Now this doesn't mean I will be leaving the best Dolphins forums on the planet, I will still be around to post my thoughts, I just won't be running the show with AJ anymore.

I have also found my love for our Phins dwindling and that was mainly due to having to police people, and the game became more work than anything.

I am hoping I can find the joy in being a regular fan again, and look forward to the Phins season instead of dreading it like I have the last two years.

I will also be switching my name back to my original dolfan87, so look for me with the old name.

Peace folks, and God Bless.

Gram
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    !

Gram, sorry to see you stepping down..... I truely am.....I understand your reasons I think.....kinda makes me think about my future doing this ......make sure you pass me some tips before you hang up your spurs, sheriff!

Good luck in your other pursuits!

I KNOW you are not going to make us miss you though, right????

So I'm not going to get all sappy about how sad that would make me, okay?

The King is dead.......
    Long live the King!
    All hail Ratministrator87!
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's the reason why I never want to be a mod or an admin. You have no choice BUT to change. The Phins are one of the most important and fun things in my life. I don't want it to be a job or end up dreading it.

You'll come back around.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    inFINS - It really doesn't "drain" you. You have to look at it this way. Gram has been an admin for about four years. Prior to that he was a moderator over at a Yahoo! club. So, thats probably 5-6 years of Gram being either a moderator or an admin. It can wear down on you, no doubt.

But, we are much more organized this season. We have the best staff, when compared to any past year. Thus, hopefully the season should go by smoothly, and as always, remain enjoyable.
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Darin, I ain't going anywhere, I am just seriously trying to re-gain my love for the game, and also be able to just enjoy hanging on the boards.

Tips? Just one, let the little things go. Do your best to let people work their problems out, without stepping in, and only step in when you really have to. It will be a judgment call on your part, but you should be able to realize exactly when you need to "slap some hands"

Peace.

Gram
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slacker
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Muck
    That's the reason why I never want to be a mod or an admin. You have no choice BUT to change. The Phins are one of the most important and fun things in my life. I don't want it to be a job or end up dreading it.

You'll come back around.
    Amen to that!! I love talking about the 'Fins, debating the issues, and smacking people and the latter part certainly does not lend itself to being anywhere near the mod position so I've never asked for it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're stepping down Gram, but I'm even more sorry to hear that your love for the game has dwindled. Beyond all the other reasons that this site exists its one reason that it thrives, and the foremost reason that we are all here is because of our love for the game and our love for this team. Whenever your joy becomes a burden, that's when it's time to take a step back (as you did) remember why you loved whatever it was in the first place, and try to recapture that; hopefully by that time you're not too jaded to let things go.

Why not join us down at San Diego on October 27th to watch the greatest team in pro sports mop up on one of the NFL's perennial underachievers?! I'm sure a day out with the 'Fins will help to rekindle some of the fire that you're lacking at the moment.

P.S. I've seen some sparks in your recent posts but you've been holding back so now that you've relinquished your position, perhaps it's time for you to reach out and smack someone!!
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Gram and AJ for putting your confidence in me! It is both a pleasure and honor to be asked to fill the shoes of one of the people responsible for making FinHeaven the best fans site on the web! It was a pleasant shock when I was asked... after all, I've only been here for a little over a year... and have spent most of my time in the dungeon (aka smack forum). I hope I can fill Gram's shoes, without too much of a letdown, I'll certainly do my best.
    Gram... I'm sure you'll get your passion for the Fins back, probably sooner than you think. That said, I hope to see you around frequently, as this will always be your board.... you and AJ built it, and made it what it is, and have done an exceptional job with it.
    BTW.. you're right... I really am here almost 24/7 :eek: I have no life... :goof:
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sad to hear that Gram - you will be missed as Ad87, but hopefully be back in force as dolfan87. Thanks again for bringing my here and getting me started as a writer and then mod.

Best of luck Wharf in your new role and second promotion in a week
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Objective Pats fan ;)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice work here.

This site is so good that I have made it one of my homes

And I am a huge Pats fan :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Quote Quote