Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Spots Left - See How It Happened!

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You must have seen a picture of clumpy 06 ......:egads: Marino1983
    Flashback,, the billys offense scored 21 points in the first quarter,,NOTHING the rest of the game!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Am I in?
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, all admins, super mods, mods, and mentors can get into the forum without a "premium" membership. However, if possible, the same donation would be helpful, but not required.
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So the 7 bucks will cover the web space and e-mail addy for us?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's correct ... the $7 a month will cover you for everything. And also, we are working on more perks after the premium membership fills... :cool:

Thanks man, if you or anyone else wish to pay via PayPal, please click here

However, if you wish to send a check in please contact me and I'll PM you my address.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. If you or anyone else has a question... please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum

EDIT: If you use PayPal, please include your full name, forum username, and the email address that you check the most.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    send me your addy please.....I'm fueding with pay pal....:infins:
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know this isn't my place to be saying this anymore, however I just think something needs to be said.

Last year we did a donation drive to keep Fin Heaven up and running. We hit our goal as far as what people said they were going to give, but the actual funding arriving was another story. So we took what we got, and applied it to the first two quarters (basically 6 months worth). Not only that, but the price of the server increased.

Now I know AJ is NOT going to do a full on donation drive again this year, thus he is looking for these premium members. People who can afford to drop 80 bucks or so into the site in exchange for all the benefits listed on the first page of this thread.

Now maybe a once a year fee of 80 dollars seems like a lot to some of you, and maybe it truly is. However the plain and simple facts are that Andrew is a full time college student, making a grand total of about 3500.00 a year. He goes to school, works, is a member of Phi Theta Kappa, and will soon be the vice president of student government.

In short the guy is very busy, with a lot on his mind, and this websites revenue sucking power is tremendous. You all have to remember that this place was just a hobby for him when he was nothing but a 15 year old with the idea of making a website for fun.

It has now grown into the largest Miami Dolphins site in the world. A site that costs $2520.00 a year to even keep running!

So we have two options here. We can just ignore this thread, and Andrew will just shut this place down. Don't think he won't, as it has been my advice to him to do just that if he doesn't get the 30 members. OR we could actually get the members, and the site will live on happily for another year.

I am no longer a part of this staff, however I am on Fin Heaven a lot. I take advantage of all the news that gets posted here before anywhere else. I have made friends, and also have a place to go when I just want to read peoples opinions.

It was worth it for me to pay the 80 bucks. I mean really 7 dollars a month to have this site open...well worth it.

Of course if ya'll don't see it my way, well there is always the Herald, and ESPN M.B.'s Hope you like un-moderated, uneducated, teeny bopper posts.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well said Gram.... although I disagree with one thing.
    You said it's not your place to be saying this anymore...

Wrong.

It most certainly IS your place.... you and AJ worked your tails off to get this site to be what it is.. the Best Dolphan site on the Net... Does anyone disagree with that?

I didn't think so.

Now it's my turn.
    AJ is on the edge here people.... it's time we step up. He CANNOT do this without the help of the membership, and it's not fair for any of us to expect him to bear the brunt of expenses, for something we ALL enjoy.

Here's the deal...
    We asked for 30 of you to take advantage of a few little "perks" by becoming a Premium Member... $7/month is not a lot to ask from people who spend a considerable amount of time enjoying the fruits of AJ and Gram's labor.
    So far a total of 7 people have joined the Premium Membership.
    Of those 7 people... 5 of them are Admins or Mods...
    That leaves a "whopping" 2 members who want to be an "insider" of this site.... 2 people?
    To those who have already joined... Thanks. Sincerely. AJ and I will do everything we can to make it worth it. Anyway....
    I just looked up the top 30 posters on this site....
    of those people... all of whom have more than 1300 posts... only 5 of those people have joined up ... 4 of those 5 are staff...
    That tells me that one of the 30 people with the highest amount of posts, that are not staff members, cares enough to have a say in the way the site is run, get "inside" info on the site, and enjoy an exclusive forum...while keeping this site alive...
    I undrestand many of you are young, and may not be able to shell out the money... I don't expect a 16 year old to have much of an income, but for those who have jobs, I'm sure if you can afford to pay for the internet access to get here.... you can afford another $7/month to enjoy it. I myself have a decent job, that pays fairly well...and honestly? I don't know how AJ can afford this... I couldn't put up the out of pocket expenses it takes to keep this site going.....

AJ is serious here folks. He cannot do this without help. As Gram said in his post, FinHeaven will cease to exist if we don't get 30 people to join up. When AJ first came to me with the idea for this... I thought for sure that we'd be turning people down to get into this thing... so I'm very surprised that I feel the need to be writing all of this.

We need 23 more Premium Members.....

Who's next?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have two questions:

Do payments have to be through Paypal or whatever it's called?
    Are the payments monthly or one lump sum?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    booyeah_ - those are very good questions, and are probably a main concern for many members.

No, this does not have to be through PayPal, if you wish to send it via mail, just send me a PM, and I'll give you the address to send it to.

Also, it does not have to be in a lump sum. It can be in monthly payments of $7, quarterly payments of $21, or semi-annually payments of $42. Whatever your choice is... just let me know.

Thanks for your interest, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    Quote Quote