Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve>>>>not Impress, Just Improve!

1. -1
    DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks

Improve>>>>not Impress, Just Improve!

I hope we win and want to win, as we all do. The fact that Big Ben isn't playing isn't a lock to win for us, as they are SuperBowl Champs and last I checked are still showing up to play. There defense beat Indy and Big Ben doesn't play D. Lets look for improvements and getting better than 9-7.

The key is to get better as the year goes on. We won't be firing on all cylinders week one.We need to be playing our best at the end of the season and put ourselves in position to make those games matter. Who cares, I don't concern myself with how other view us. The end result, is the result. Period. I do not put Sterling Sharpe, Sean Salisbury or Mike Golics opinion in high regard.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Anonymous User

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GRT8
    I hope we win and want to win, as we all do. The fact that Big Ben isn't playing isn't a lock to win for us, as they are SuperBowl Champs and last I checked are still showing up to play. There defense beat Indy and Big Ben doesn't play D. Lets look for improvements and getting better than 9-7.

The key is to get better as the year goes on. We won't be firing on all cylinders week one.We need to be playing our best at the end of the season and put ourselves in position to make those games matter. Who cares, I don't concern myself with how other view us. The end result, is the result. Period. I do not put Sterling Sharpe, Sean Salisbury or Mike Golics opinion in high regard.
    true,agree 100%.Hopefully we will impress in the Playoffs!:wink:
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    actually...the elite teams usually are firing on all cylinders week one...

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is that you Coach Saban?

Quote Originally Posted by GRT8

Sounds exactly like what I would expect to hear from Saban. excellent post!

We have all the answers on FinHeaven, I just don't have a clue what the question is.

Wherever Parcells has gone, I've followed and cheered that team, now he came to my beloved Dolphins. I must be in FinHEAVEN!

Thanks and Kudos to Crunchtime for the cool sig banners.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and the patriots were elite when they started out with more losses than wins?.......then won the superbowl. Start with the first goal in mind and build on it. No one is starting the year believing in elite. Are you?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to admit this is the most excited I have felt about Miami in years!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    the N E W Dolphilbins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He doesnt play D... but big ben made the biggest tackle in steelers history !!! They'll need him when Will Allen takes one to the house.
    We move Marshall for all the right reasons, miss out on ole' manning.. then when they dont overpay a backup qb : it's the last straw and jokers are protesting outside the stadium ! All brainwashed by the media. There's no pressure from within the walls of the office, it's all from the uneducated fanbase, and that's why a movement was made to inform the fans of what's going on, because all they had to go off of was the media.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Saban will have the team fundamentally improving as the season wears on from a mental aspect, but that doesn't change the fact that physically speaking, Miami teams are generally in better condition than most NFL teams in September, and a little bit worn down in December and January.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead
    Saban will have the team fundamentally improving as the season wears on from a mental aspect, but that doesn't change the fact that physically speaking, Miami teams are generally in better condition than most NFL teams in September, and a little bit worn down in December and January.
    Except for last year we started strong and ended strong. If we can wipe that middle slump out this year we should be in control of our own fate come december.
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr772
    Except for last year we started strong and ended strong. If we can wipe that middle slump out this year we should be in control of our own fate come december.
    I think we finished strong because we got on the same page mentally. In terms of brute power, we were not as physical during that stretch run as we were at the beginning. Ronnie wore down. Lucky for us, due to the suspension, Ricky was only just getting started...
    Quote Quote