Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Fans give ideas on how to beat the Fins

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Steeler Fans give ideas on how to beat the Fins

It is intresting to read what the oposing teams fans think of your team...

taken from: http://kffl.com/showthread.php?t=180893

------------------------
    Big Ben Bandwagon

So, how would you guys try to attack this Dolphin team?

On defense, I'd stay status quo and stop Ronnie Brown and blitz Daunte "Bionic Knee" Culpepper. I think Randy McMichael may have some catches, but I doubt he'll really hurt us too badly.

On offense, it gets a little tricky. Personally, I'd try to feed the ball to Heath Miller in the passing game. This assures that Batch doesn't throw the ball downfield a bunch of times. Miller could loosen the running lanes by being the biggest threat in our offense this week. I'd hope he gets 5-10 catches with chunks of yardage to his credit.

To win, our defense will have to show up and play well. Our offense just has to produce around seventeen points without committing many turnovers. The O-line has to give Charlie time, so he doesn't kill us with INT's.

----------------
    cubsiah_clone

I said this in another thread. We need to use all schemes and zone blitzes to attack Daunte. We will see how "ready" he really is when Porter is coming at him.

There is no question that Heath is going to be a target for Batch early and often. I however think we need to go deep on them early with maybe Wilson or Holmes to open them up for some Parker runs.

--------------
    Bobblehead
    To win, our defense will have to show up and play well. Our offense just has to produce around seventeen points without committing many turnovers. The O-line has to give Charlie time, so he doesn't kill us with INT's.

Yep, Charlie is going to have to limit his attempts to keep the INT's down. He is inevitably going to toss 1 or even more.

------------
    RussJT

I agree with both assessments in regards to the defense. Blitz Culpepper and hit him hard several times.

On offense... establish the running game (it is time for the offensive line to play the way they are capable of playing.) The OL along with Willie Parker need to be the keys to this game. If they can get it going I will feel better.

With the possibility of Hines not being out there, Heath Miller needs to be the main target. A controlled passing game - without any major risks would be a possibility if Willie can get some significant runs early. My dream scenerio would be for Batch to only have to throw 15 times or so this game.

What scares me is if we get a nice lead in the 2nd half. Who then carries the late load like Bettis did. I saw a stat over the weekend about the disparity of running/pass plays in the 2nd half last year. It was amazing how often they ran the ball late. Somebody has to step up and take that role.

------------------------------
    Bruener's Ghost

Doesn't matter that Ben wont be playing. This is the 1st real game in front of the home crowd coming off a World Championship. These guys should be stoked!

Dolphins are a good team & you have to expect Saban will have them ready. Plus, Mularkey is calling the offense there now and he certainly knows the Steelers D. Again, that shouldn't matter. This D is too talented - Ike has a new contract - and Miami's O line is so so.
    This is one game where I believe in the cushion - Ike should stay back off of Chambers. CULPEPPER WOULD LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN TO THROW SOME BOMBS TO CHAMBERS. Make them drive down the field against this front 7 and the Steelers should get some turnovers.
    On offense, Fins have a new secondary and even without Ben, Steelers have to take some shots down field. They are big up front, and Willie will find some openings after they've been on the field for a while.
    Special teams, I'm worried a bit. Just don't put the ball on the ground.
    No excuses. Fins are up and comers but this is a game to put the pedal to the metal and let the crowd be the 12th man.
    Anyone going? Heinz Field better be LOUD!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All is said right there.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Havent you heard ? "It's what have you done for me lately!" :cooldude:
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should be a very defensive game. Both D lines are tough to move the ball on. I'm guessing a low scoring game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What have you done for me lately? They just won the Super Bowl in their last game!!!! It doesn't get any more current than that!!!! Give them some credit - they are the Champs - we didn't even make the playoffs.

Until we prove otherwise - they deserve kudos and respect.

Having said that, I think the Fins will get them on Thursday, but I am not about to disrespect the Steelers as they have accomplished what we are aiming for. Just as I hope that when we win the SuperBowl, the very next game people aren't saying "what have you done for me lately?".

Give respect where it's due - now here's to hoping the Fins smack 'em good.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting comments. Seem relatively fair.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Proverbs 3:5-6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steelernation13
    All is said right there.
    Get this guy out of here. He is just going to start trouble.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On Top
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I laugh at these steeler fans. Little do they know that there is nothing in their playbook that will beat Miami , for 2 reasons.. First reason is, Saban is and always will be one step ahead of their coaching staff. Secondly, Miami is just the better team PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

We

We will cruise to an easy victory because the Steelers are a joke. Where's the passing game? Where is the passing game without Big Ben. Even if we somehow miraculously lose, I can only think of one more game that could be tougher on the schedule, easy schedule. Steelers are a joke and charlie batch is a LIONS reject.
    Quote Quote