Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown's cap / salary impact

1. -11
    Straight Outta Delaware

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon
    I suppose it's appropriate for me to state up front, that I'm not sold on Ronnie Brown.

My question is simple: At what point in his contract do we really need to evaluate his effectiveness?

I know he's received a huge signing binous, and I can accept that situation as a part of signing a player at #2, but when does he become too become expensive for us? Next year? The year after? If it takes a two years to evaluate a running back, is it conceivable that we'd draft one next year?

FOOL, the first game was against the super bowl champions and their probably best defensive front in the NFL. Not to mention it was in pittsburgh on a night where the bus was being recognized, and the superbowl rings were being given out. Dont count that game as a HUGE loss, we will see them again in the playoffs, i still think if Daunte gets his **** together, we are top 3 in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Easy everyone... I haven't ever been sold on him. This isn't a one-game thing for me. I've also been reading this forum for years, and am hardly a rookie. I simply don't post becuase I rarely see an intelligent response.

My question still stands: what are his cap figures for the next couple of years?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you try the cap page?
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon
    Easy everyone... I haven't ever been sold on him. This isn't a one-game thing for me. I've also been reading this forum for years, and am hardly a rookie. I simply don't post becuase I rarely see an intelligent response.

My question still stands: what are his cap figures for the next couple of years?
    He doesn't have much of a base salary until the final year of his deal in 2010 when he'll either be an established star with a new contract or he'll be on the street. You have to really suck to get cut in the first four years of your rookie contract if you're a high first round pick. It just costs too much.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cutting ronnie is not an option. Memory is fuzzy but from what i can remember here it is.

Salary:
    05' 230,000
    06' 350,000
    07' 984,133
    08' 1,658,266
    09' 2,332,399
    10' 5,000,000

We paid him something like a 1.6 million dollar roster bonus when he signed and last march gave him a 12.5 million dollar option bonus. Plus other incentives.

his deal has 19.58 million guaranteed.

BUT with the cap increase it is honeslty a bargain for a player of his caliber.

Now i know you as a troll doesn't believe that so i'll put it simple. It costs us less to have him on then team than not to until the last year of his contract. So even if he did suck(which he doesn't) we really don't have an option to cut him till 2010 or 2009 at the earliest...
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote