Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Blitz Packages are Atrocious, Why??

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerCam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Our Blitz Packages are Atrocious, Why??

Are we so BAD AT BLITZING, How many times do we have to watch 8 or 9 men Blitz right up the middle only to get BLOCKED INTO A BIG GAGGLE. Is it Scheme or Are our Players just not good at Blitzing??
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Casselberry, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wondered the same thing, we were always a step late. That led to a lot of open receivers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good observation and a good question. I notice that when we blitz, it's usually a joke. We still don't get anywhere near the QB. It's like we're not even blitzing. It's actually quite embarrassing. When other teams blitz against us, Culpepper is running for the hills right away.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also notice too that our blitzers are plain running past the play. Are we blitzing too much? The best running plays against us are on blitz packages. I think we get good enough pressure from our line.. i would like to see our linebackers ball hawk a little more

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree completely. It is amazing when I watch some of the other top teams in the league - Steelers, Jaguars, Eagles, etc., even the Bills had a better Blitz package.

I think it's a matter of ingenuity and understanding what the other team likes to do. Our blitz packages seem very predictable to the other team.

The one area it does work is when we have a corner blitz - especially when Jeremiah Bell is in the game.

The other thing that is troubling, is that when we are blitzing and the DL's have one on one situations - they aren't getting to the QB - other than Kevin Carter who had a good game against the Bills. He was the only consistent defender, imo.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsGonnaRock06
    Are we so BAD AT BLITZING, How many times do we have to watch 8 or 9 men Blitz right up the middle only to get BLOCKED INTO A BIG GAGGLE. Is it Scheme or Are our Players just not good at Blitzing??
    we dont have the right personnel on the squad plain and simple. Capers defense always has no problem blitzing..its the players we have. i love zach but he doesnt fit the mold for saban/capers scheme.

Sabans hybrid needs big LB's that can blitz from any angle.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft.Lauderdale/Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaAssasin
    we dont have the right personnel on the squad plain and simple. Capers defense always has no problem blitzing..its the players we have. i love zach but he doesnt fit the mold for saban/capers scheme.

Sabans hybrid needs big LB's that can blitz from any angle.
    Exactly! Blitzing Zach up the middle is pretty useless because he can never really get through to the QB. Why dosen't Channing Crowder blitz more? On Capers' defenses you see guys like Kevin Green and Greg Lloyd coming on the blitz. Bigger linebackers that can go through linemen. Even J.T. dosen't get through when he rushes all of the time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    long time reader

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202
    Exactly! Blitzing Zach up the middle is pretty useless because he can never really get through to the QB. Why dosen't Channing Crowder blitz more? On Capers' defenses you see guys like Kevin Green and Greg Lloyd coming on the blitz. Bigger linebackers that can go through linemen. Even J.T. dosen't get through when he rushes all of the time.
    yep yep... its our personell.... i believe that we have to mix it up and not be predictable but honestly zack is not a blitzing LB....

several times when Seau played he was able to blitz priety good... he realy disrupted plays...

bringing in green was a great idea... but they should leave zack in coverage..
    if they do blitz him it needs to be on a delay
    eric-in-tx
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think zack is a great LB... But let Crowder blitz and leave Thomas to ball hawk.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202
    Totally agree!!! I would use a 3-4 with Bowens or Taylor blitzing and a 4-3 with Spragan or Crowder and maybe even Tillman or Hill, every team expect Zach to blitz but it is time we give them a surprise blitz package!
    Quote Quote