Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky is the difference between this year's team and the team which finished 2005

1. -1
    sdkjglkdsjglkdsj

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ricky is the difference between this year's team and the team which finished 2005

After watching the first four weeks of this season, its clear that the organization is clearly missing Ricky Williams. His winning attitude, desire to perform at a top level and physical stature is unmatched by anyone on this team this season.

The organization did nothing but make improvements in other areas during the offseason and I don't think any of us could have forseen the "Ricky factor" and how it has ripped the heart out of this team.

Let's hope that the Dolphins are doing everything possible to insure he's back in a Miami uniform for 2007....whether he's here or not could definitely mean the difference between a division title (and quite possibly more) or another subpar season for the organization.
    EDIT: Please choose a signature more conducive to our policy on political sigs. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dean_siu
    After watching the first four weeks of this season, its clear that the organization is clearly missing Ricky Williams. His winning attitude, desire to perform at a top level and physical stature is unmatched by anyone on this team this season.

The organization did nothing but make improvements in other areas during the offseason and I don't think any of us could have forseen the "Ricky factor" and how it has ripped the heart out of this team.

Let's hope that the Dolphins are doing everything possible to insure he's back in a Miami uniform for 2007....whether he's here or not could definitely mean the difference between a division title (and quite possibly more) or another subpar season for the organization.
    Wow, if you really believe thats what the problem is, then I'm not sure you fully understand the magnitude of the ACTUAL problem. This team would still be struggling badly with Ricky on offense, like it or not. NO ONE can play QB or run the ball behind this oline.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How many times did we get to the playoffs with Ricky? 0

There is more at work here than 1 talented but troubled running back...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

I couldn't agree more with you, his performance at the end of last year was one of the major factors in our 6 game winning streak, that and we got pressure and sacks from our front 4, something that we haven't been able to do all year, no matter what Saban says, sacks are important.

I still support Saban remember it took Mike Holmgren 7 years to get his team to an "elite" level, I am willing to be patient for that long cause I do think Saban is that good, but it is what it is, and as of 10/2 were not a very good football team perhaps one of the worst in the league.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I agree that Ricky brought an attitude of confidence with him that Ronnie still has to create, he was far from the reason why we won last year, and certainly has nothing to do with our lack of success this year.
    "Therefore, understand the matter, and consider the vision." Dan 9:23

Why must this team always underachieve???
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're making it seem like it's the Dolphins fault that Ricky isn't here.

Last time I checked, he was the one that chose to hit the wacky weed and get himself suspended...yet again!

Kind of takes the steam out of his "winning attitude" and "desire to perform at a top level" arguments.

He is a great running back, though, and his absence creates some problems for the team but not all of the problems.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    HOF Pass Master

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Narnia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ricky brings great abilities and brings confidence to players around him as well as his troubles. I like the guy but problems go alot deeper on this team than one player.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcdolphan

Last time I checked, he was the one that chose to hit the wacky weed and get himself suspended...yet again!

Kind of takes the steam out of his "winning attitude" and "desire to perform at a top level" arguments.
    Exactly. It's not like Saban cut Ricky. It's Ricky's own fault he's not here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Season ticket Holder Sec 150

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cape Coral FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like that pothead will give up smoking. He'll just get suspended in the next drug test. He's an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    sdkjglkdsjglkdsj

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcdolphan

"He" did nothing and its not the organizations either....its clearly the faulty test performed by the NFL that falsely classifies a nutritional supplement as a prohibited substance.

The league did a lot of things right for many years and thats why it reached the level its at today....however, its actions such as these that really sour my taste of the NFL greatly and I hope the new commissioner can right injustices of this nature.
    Quote Quote