Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Officials

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairhaven, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Officials

That PI call was a BS call and I am very upset right now!! That call cost us this game and probably the season!! I hate those biased Patriot loving refs!!

And what was up with that field!?!?!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How could the officials call that PI. Dierdorf just kept saying there isn't much to argue about that. How about Allen in between the underthrown ball and Watson. Or how about Watson (it was Watson right) grabing Allen. What a terrible call. For the most part the officials were good except for that freaking call, and it just so happend to give the Pats a TD that they couldn't have got otherwise.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you have watched football for any length of time you have seen that penalty called against other teams, you've seen it called against the Dolphins and you have seen it call against the Patriots. You have seen it called in preseason,postseason and the regular season. You have seen it called at the beiginning of a game, the end of a game and in the middle of a game. It is a non issue. Next....
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Resident Pats Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Heart of Fins Country.. Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That type of PI call always gets a flag. Move on. You sound like a Seahawks fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMiamiFan
    That PI call was a BS call and I am very upset right now!! That call cost us this game and probably the season!! I hate those biased Patriot loving refs!!

Well far be it from you to let the facts get in your way, but lets analyze them.

The Phins lost by 10, not less then 7. If the Call doesn't happen, Pats get the field goal and the Phins lose by 6.

Pats miss the field goal, Phins lose by 3.

And in case you forgot, the Pats were kneeling on the ball with first and goal to go. They could have easily put up more points.

As far as the PI, I never saw the actual play, so I can not comment on the call itself.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Official Daunte Hater

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMiamiFan

Yep, how about the holding that negated the Dolphins first and goal? Another BS call.
    In Philbin I trust:

• As offensive coordinator (OC) of Green Bay from 07-10, his offenses ranked in the top 10 in both total yards and scoring.
    • Green Bay has reached the playoffs in three of Philbinís four seasons as OC.
    • As OC at Harvard (97-98), the Crimson established 15 offensive records.
    • Philbin spent four seasons (90-93) at Allegheny College, highlighted by two undefeated regular seasons and an NCAA Division III national championship in 90.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairhaven, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanatical
    Yep, how about the holding that negated the Dolphins first and goal? Another BS call.
    I know right
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, I remember the call. I believe the Dierdorf actuall called it a "takedown". He was at the game. Were you?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the refs always give the pats the game with PI calls that dont exsist, that is three win in a row for the pats by PI late in a game, you never determine a game by a penatly and that was not even close, allen was in position and the receiver came threw him to get the ball, the refs always do this for the PATS, there games have to be fixed
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Jason Taylor's Illegit White Brother

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Juneau, Alaska
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge
    Well far be it from you to let the facts get in your way, but lets analyze them.

The Phins lost by 10, not less then 7. If the Call doesn't happen, Pats get the field goal and the Phins lose by 6.

Pats miss the field goal, Phins lose by 3.

And in case you forgot, the Pats were kneeling on the ball with first and goal to go. They could have easily put up more points.

As far as the PI, I never saw the actual play, so I can not comment on the call itself.
    Then why are you even posting in this thread, and trying to make an analyzation!

Now, I'm not going to say that the PI should or shouldn't have been called, but it definitely changed the situational play-calling for the rest of the game. So, yes it did matter!
    Quote Quote