Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3, XBox360, or NWii???

1. -1
    Wokeup this mornin n I got myself a beer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables/South Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

PS3, XBox360, or NWii???

I'm thinking of copping a new game system being that my PS2 and XBox have suddenly become outdated.

3 questions

How should I go about picking a system?

Which has the better GFX?

Which has the better games?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the ps3 is the most powerful of the 3.....games won't be an issue so much anymore because MOST titles are cross platform now and will be in the future. imo i think the 360 is the best choice right now. ps3 will be too pricey and going through growing pains for a year after its release, which the 360 has already gone through and a slew of games is ready to release this falll.

if you like online play or want to experience it i also recommend the 360....xbox live is like what? 50 a year....but it is phenomenal.

do you have an hdtv? as the 360 and ps3 will only look so good on a sdtv...

also let me add while the ps3 is technically more powerful, that doesn't equate to better games or gameplay...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wokeup this mornin n I got myself a beer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables/South Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama
    the ps3 is the most powerful of the 3.....games won't be an issue so much anymore because MOST titles are cross platform now and will be in the future. imo i think the 360 is the best choice right now. ps3 will be too pricey and going through growing pains for a year after its release, which the 360 has already gone through and a slew of games is ready to release this falll.

if you like online play or want to experience it i also recommend the 360....xbox live is like what? 50 a year....but it is phenomenal.

do you have an hdtv? as the 360 and ps3 will only look so good on a sdtv...

also let me add while the ps3 is technically more powerful, that doesn't equate to better games or gameplay...
    lol...I need to cop one of those as well
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the xbox 360 most definatly, but thats probably b.c ive never been a sony fan, and the ps3 is way to expensive and also within the next couple months you will get a better deal on a 360

"THE AM CREW - THE JOLLIEST ***HOLES THIS SIDE OF THE NUT HOUSE." - Possum

Member formerly known as phinfan999.

Official First Runner up of the "I did not make the 2010 Finheaven March Madness so i made my own" Tournament.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuban Dave 9
    lol...I need to cop one of those as well
    IF that is the case I would just stick with your PS2 and Xbox. This year there really isn't a game coming out for the ps3 or xbox360 that totally trumps the quality of things you can still get on your ps2 and xbox.

I saw a xbox360 on a bigscreen non high def system and it doesn't look THAT much better than a xbox.

Hell most people I know who have a xbox360 are still playing Halo 2. I would say wait till there are at least 3 games that you have to have on one of the next gen systems and then make your choice.

If you are making a choice now, it is my opinion that the PS3 is way more future proof than the xbox360. Right now there might not be too much difference, but 3 years down the road when parallel processing becomes easier to take advantage of, the PS3 may be quite ahead. Plus I think a not standard hard drive is a huge mistake. Don't listen to the xboxites or the sony haters. That was a bad decisions for gamers.
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say if you want a good system now get the xbox360 but I see ps3 having a brighter future but without ps3 out your not gonna get good judgements.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Haha, charade you are!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    IF that is the case I would just stick with your PS2 and Xbox. This year there really isn't a game coming out for the ps3 or xbox360 that totally trumps the quality of things you can still get on your ps2 and xbox.

I saw a xbox360 on a bigscreen non high def system and it doesn't look THAT much better than a xbox.

Hell most people I know who have a xbox360 are still playing Halo 2. I would say wait till there are at least 3 games that you have to have on one of the next gen systems and then make your choice.

If you are making a choice now, it is my opinion that the PS3 is way more future proof than the xbox360. Right now there might not be too much difference, but 3 years down the road when parallel processing becomes easier to take advantage of, the PS3 may be quite ahead. Plus I think a not standard hard drive is a huge mistake. Don't listen to the xboxites or the sony haters. That was a bad decisions for gamers.
    you do realize the future proof argument isn't really valid (see PS1 and PS2). At the end of the day, it will come down to games, like it always has.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd get the PS3 but you should wait for a price drop. Well thats what I'm doing.
    In the meantime I'll get a Wii.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been waiting for the PS3 because I am so used to the controls and have always used Sony.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is the 360 going to drop in price soon since PS3 will be released?
    2008 Washington Redskins GM League Owner
    Quote Quote