Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: a 50 yarder is never automatic

  1. -1
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    19
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks

    a 50 yarder is never automatic

    how some of you can blame mare for this loss is beyond me. enemy #1 is mularky. week in and week out his offensive "gameplan" fails. the fins are only able to score late in games when we play out of desperation and while the other team is playing soft coverage. im not mad at any player for this week, not even sammie morris..becuase those mistakes are forced upon by the other team and are a spur of the moment type of thing. however, the bone headed stuff mularky calls is beyond me and part of the blame also has to go to saban for allowing these calls to filter through. why didnt we run the ball at the end when it was 3rd and 2 with over 40 secs left. we could have gotten crucial yards plus convert a 1st down, while also having enough time for about 2 more plays. instead they chose the risk of a short passing play which ended in zero yards, thus leaving mare with a high chance of failure.

    also that kick had to be rushed becuase it was close to being blocked. im not arguing that mare is overpaid, im just saying you cant expect your kicker to be automatic at 50 plus, but you should expect the coaching staff to be competent.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    The World's Smallest Violin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2002
    Posts:
    326
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look at Olindo Mare's salary.

    Compare it to what other kickers are being paid.

    Take careful note of the fact that Mare refused to take a pay cut.

    Take careful note of Mare's field goal percentage this year. Take careful note of that percentage over the last two games.

    There are two people in this world who think Olindo Mare isn't a grossly overpaid bum: Olindo Mare and Olindo Mare's mom.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Brown42000's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    4,316
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFL kickers are supposed to be able to make 50 yard field goals and he had the wind pushing the ball some and he still came up short, it is time to start thinking about drafting Mason Crosby he can make 70 yard field goals.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Finfan80's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    530
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When was the last time Mare made an important kick? anyone remember? I can't either
    How many important kicks has Mare missed? I can name three against New England alone
    Some guys have a knack for making the tough play to win the game, other guys don't. Mare doesn't.
    50 yarders are not automatic, but when the game is on the line and it means that much more, some guys are able to make it happen. And 50 yarders are not that infrequent either, by the way
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    dominizzo's Avatar
    Ronnie23Brown

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    16,901
    vCash:
    1111
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown42000
    NFL kickers are supposed to be able to make 50 yard field goals and he had the wind pushing the ball some and he still came up short, it is time to start thinking about drafting Mason Crosby he can make 70 yard field goals.

    great point

    sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    2,957
    vCash:
    1377
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawlfan
    how some of you can blame mare for this loss is beyond me. enemy #1 is mularky. week in and week out his offensive "gameplan" fails. the fins are only able to score late in games when we play out of desperation and while the other team is playing soft coverage. im not mad at any player for this week, not even sammie morris..becuase those mistakes are forced upon by the other team and are a spur of the moment type of thing. however, the bone headed stuff mularky calls is beyond me and part of the blame also has to go to saban for allowing these calls to filter through. why didnt we run the ball at the end when it was 3rd and 2 with over 40 secs left. we could have gotten crucial yards plus convert a 1st down, while also having enough time for about 2 more plays. instead they chose the risk of a short passing play which ended in zero yards, thus leaving mare with a high chance of failure.

    also that kick had to be rushed becuase it was close to being blocked. im not arguing that mare is overpaid, im just saying you cant expect your kicker to be automatic at 50 plus, but you should expect the coaching staff to be competent.
    I would of been fine with a short pass play but that was not the case,he called a 20 yard pass play
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    1,457
    vCash:
    1064
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown42000
    NFL kickers are supposed to be able to make 50 yard field goals and he had the wind pushing the ball some and he still came up short, it is time to start thinking about drafting Mason Crosby he can make 70 yard field goals.
    I'm down with that....time to give ol' Mare the boot.
    If you use your Mind, Body and Spirit together, you can accomplish anything. If you believe it, you can achieve it!
    Criss Angel
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    3,233
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    MI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we can't boot Mare if i'm correct. I think all his money is tied up in bonuses because of the contract Wanny gave him.
    Go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Brown42000's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    4,316
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwn3dyo
    we can't boot Mare if i'm correct. I think all his money is tied up in bonuses because of the contract Wanny gave him.
    All they need to do is cut him or even trade him for a 7th round pick.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Nappy Roots's Avatar
    Da Dalphins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    15,138
    vCash:
    1160
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mare has the leg to hit from 65. that kick wasnt far enough to hit from 45. he choked. plain and simple. a 2 and a half million dollar kicker should make that kick. plain and simple.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Prater just kicked a 53 yarder
    By finjim in forum SPAM
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
  2. VIP Automatic Renewal
    By SpurzN703 in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
  3. Olindo is Automatic??????
    By Roman529 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:28 PM
  4. Denver Kicker...not Elam....drills 65-yarder
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2002, 04:35 PM
  5. 15 Yarder
    By dolphan39 in forum Trivia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2002, 08:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •