Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a 50 yarder is never automatic

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

a 50 yarder is never automatic

how some of you can blame mare for this loss is beyond me. enemy #1 is mularky. week in and week out his offensive "gameplan" fails. the fins are only able to score late in games when we play out of desperation and while the other team is playing soft coverage. im not mad at any player for this week, not even sammie morris..becuase those mistakes are forced upon by the other team and are a spur of the moment type of thing. however, the bone headed stuff mularky calls is beyond me and part of the blame also has to go to saban for allowing these calls to filter through. why didnt we run the ball at the end when it was 3rd and 2 with over 40 secs left. we could have gotten crucial yards plus convert a 1st down, while also having enough time for about 2 more plays. instead they chose the risk of a short passing play which ended in zero yards, thus leaving mare with a high chance of failure.

also that kick had to be rushed becuase it was close to being blocked. im not arguing that mare is overpaid, im just saying you cant expect your kicker to be automatic at 50 plus, but you should expect the coaching staff to be competent.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The World's Smallest Violin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look at Olindo Mare's salary.

Compare it to what other kickers are being paid.

Take careful note of the fact that Mare refused to take a pay cut.

Take careful note of Mare's field goal percentage this year. Take careful note of that percentage over the last two games.

There are two people in this world who think Olindo Mare isn't a grossly overpaid bum: Olindo Mare and Olindo Mare's mom.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFL kickers are supposed to be able to make 50 yard field goals and he had the wind pushing the ball some and he still came up short, it is time to start thinking about drafting Mason Crosby he can make 70 yard field goals.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When was the last time Mare made an important kick? anyone remember? I can't either
    How many important kicks has Mare missed? I can name three against New England alone
    Some guys have a knack for making the tough play to win the game, other guys don't. Mare doesn't.
    50 yarders are not automatic, but when the game is on the line and it means that much more, some guys are able to make it happen. And 50 yarders are not that infrequent either, by the way
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ronnie23Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown42000
    NFL kickers are supposed to be able to make 50 yard field goals and he had the wind pushing the ball some and he still came up short, it is time to start thinking about drafting Mason Crosby he can make 70 yard field goals.

great point

sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawlfan
    how some of you can blame mare for this loss is beyond me. enemy #1 is mularky. week in and week out his offensive "gameplan" fails. the fins are only able to score late in games when we play out of desperation and while the other team is playing soft coverage. im not mad at any player for this week, not even sammie morris..becuase those mistakes are forced upon by the other team and are a spur of the moment type of thing. however, the bone headed stuff mularky calls is beyond me and part of the blame also has to go to saban for allowing these calls to filter through. why didnt we run the ball at the end when it was 3rd and 2 with over 40 secs left. we could have gotten crucial yards plus convert a 1st down, while also having enough time for about 2 more plays. instead they chose the risk of a short passing play which ended in zero yards, thus leaving mare with a high chance of failure.

also that kick had to be rushed becuase it was close to being blocked. im not arguing that mare is overpaid, im just saying you cant expect your kicker to be automatic at 50 plus, but you should expect the coaching staff to be competent.
    I would of been fine with a short pass play but that was not the case,he called a 20 yard pass play
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown42000
    I'm down with that....time to give ol' Mare the boot.
    If you use your Mind, Body and Spirit together, you can accomplish anything. If you believe it, you can achieve it!
    Criss Angel
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we can't boot Mare if i'm correct. I think all his money is tied up in bonuses because of the contract Wanny gave him.
    Go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwn3dyo
    we can't boot Mare if i'm correct. I think all his money is tied up in bonuses because of the contract Wanny gave him.
    All they need to do is cut him or even trade him for a 7th round pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mare has the leg to hit from 65. that kick wasnt far enough to hit from 45. he choked. plain and simple. a 2 and a half million dollar kicker should make that kick. plain and simple.
    Quote Quote