Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salary Cap

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks

Salary Cap

I have been reading post saying that the Season is over which could and most likely is true ( I wont believe it until we have 9 loses) And saying that we will get a top 5 pick. I would like to hear what some of the draft choices you guys would like to make. And also I would like to hear what trades or cap casualties you guys would like to see made due to us having a high draft pick. Because it will most likely cost us a 40+million dollar contract for a top 5 pick (with at least about 20 million guaranteed).
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    thank you

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    nashville,TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    print out our roster rightnow cut out the names wes welker and ronnie brown and the light the paper on fire, that would be a good start.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nolefin
    print out our roster rightnow cut out the names wes welker and ronnie brown and the light the paper on fire, that would be a good start.
    That is over doing it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami/pittsburgh
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and JT ans ZT
    there not goin anywhere
    ok so we've got 4 lets build from there
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Boondock Saint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nolefin
    Dude, it's not that bad, your team has great players on it. Saban i think needs to focus on the o-line, your QB has time in the pocket, then he can make good things happen. I was yelling at the tv in the 4th because my Jet's could not get to Joey. I just dont understand why Joey couldnt do that all game, if he did, then the Jet's were toast.

I would blame it on the receivers, i watched alot of dropped passes. You guys have a defense that i would kill to have on the Jet's.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC
    Dude, it's not that bad, your team has great players on it. Saban i think needs to focus on the o-line, your QB has time in the pocket, then he can make good things happen. I was yelling at the tv in the 4th because my Jet's could not get to Joey. I just dont understand why Joey couldnt do that all game, if he did, then the Jet's were toast.

I would blame it on the receivers, i watched alot of dropped passes. You guys have a defense that i would kill to have on the Jet's.
    and you guys have an offensive coordinator I would kill for.
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft.Lauderdale/Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHAZINPHINZPHAN
    I have been reading post saying that the Season is over which could and most likely is true ( I wont believe it until we have 9 loses) And saying that we will get a top 5 pick. I would like to hear what some of the draft choices you guys would like to make. And also I would like to hear what trades or cap casualties you guys would like to see made due to us having a high draft pick. Because it will most likely cost us a 40+million dollar contract for a top 5 pick (with at least about 20 million guaranteed).
    I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Marty Booker- Has not done anything since he's been here has a hefty salary.
    David Bowens- Not a big salary but we can do better
    Travis Minor- Nothing more than a special team player.
    Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
    Seth Mckinney- Wouldn't make a difference if he was out there anyway.
    L.J.- He sucks as a LT, could be better at guard.
    Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
    D.Spragan- Nothing more than average. Not going to be around next year.
    V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.
    K.Traylor- Good player but is going to be 38 or 39 next year.
    T.Tillman- OOOOOOO boy! This guy blows and needs to go as well.

Undecided on....
    Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Phin DieHard!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202
    I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Marty Booker- Has not done anything since he's been here has a hefty salary.
    David Bowens- Not a big salary but we can do better
    Travis Minor- Nothing more than a special team player.
    Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
    Seth Mckinney- Wouldn't make a difference if he was out there anyway.
    L.J.- He sucks as a LT, could be better at guard.
    Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
    D.Spragan- Nothing more than average. Not going to be around next year.
    V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.
    K.Traylor- Good player but is going to be 38 or 39 next year.
    T.Tillman- OOOOOOO boy! This guy blows and needs to go as well.

Undecided on....
    Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.
    You nailed this - right on. I would add that Shelton looks like he may be worth a shot at RG - he is huge there and that would be a big side of the line with Carey and him. We need a whole new left side I agree. I'd add Zgonina to the D - he is wasting playing time for Vickerson and Evans. ZT and JT I love to wtach but the fact is they are carrying huge salaries. We need to get Crowder in the middle and add some size there. Maybe ZT can play OLB for another year but I really think we need to get bigger up the gut. JT is the heart of the D but IMO he doesn't fit our scheme for his salary.

We need to stop drafting DT and start picking up YOUNG DE's. We have 1 - that's ONE young DE to build on and he is not proven yet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For the money, we CAN'T do better than David Bowens. He would start on a lot of NFL teams.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Amsterdam, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ZT and JT....keep at least one. And I think I might try out for DB next year. I guess in our system all we have to do is hit the reciever before the ball gets to them or hold them or anything to make the ref toss banana peels on the field
    Quote Quote