Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salary Cap

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cincinnati/UD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202
    I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Marty Booker- Has not done anything since he's been here has a hefty salary.
    David Bowens- Not a big salary but we can do better
    Travis Minor- Nothing more than a special team player.
    Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
    Seth Mckinney- Wouldn't make a difference if he was out there anyway.
    L.J.- He sucks as a LT, could be better at guard.
    Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
    D.Spragan- Nothing more than average. Not going to be around next year.
    V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.
    K.Traylor- Good player but is going to be 38 or 39 next year.
    T.Tillman- OOOOOOO boy! This guy blows and needs to go as well.

Undecided on....
    Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.
    Excellent post. As sad as it is to see JT and ZT being stuck here competing their hearts out, we can't rebuild with their salaries. We need to redo the left side of the O-line, and we need bigger, more athletic LBers that can blitz, move Crowder to the middle and bring in some youth for the whole front 7 in general.

Huge Props to Nublar7 for the awesome sig!

www.twoguystalkingfootball.com/ -for the inside scoop on the NFL, College Bowl Season, and the NFL draft, come check out my blog.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Phinfan since 1982

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/salaries.php

DISCLAIMER - I Love Zach and JT more than life itself, I have a sweet JT jersey that I wear every sunday.

It might be time for Zach and JT to make a run with another team, as sad as that sounds. The two of them take a big bite out of our cap for a rebuilding team. Zach makes $4,950,000 this year and has a $7,287,000 cap hit. Jt makes $5,250,000 this year and has a $11,339,583 cap hit (ouch!). That's a lot of money we could use elsewhere. Correct my numbers if they are wrong, but the basic idea is the same. Maybe they could restructure and renegotiate their deals to avoid retiring elsewhere, but we need that money. We are gonna be cashstrapped if we don't do something.
    "Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a bit more enlightening." Ace Ventura
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202
    I want to see some youth on the defense and some talent on the O-line. Here some possible cuts/releases/not re-signing.

Sammy Morris- Crucial fumble and Ricky is coming back. I say we pick up another RB anyway and trade Ricky for a 2nd day pick.
    Jeno- Overpaid and underacheiving, bad combo. He is probably our best linemen but not for the salary he's making.

Defense
    V.Holiday- If he was not there we probably would not miss a beat. Need to get youger at that spot anyway.

Undecided on....
    Z.T. and J.T.- The heart and soul of the defense. They probably deserve to stay because of all that they have done for the franchise. Personally i think the draft picks that we could get from them are more important than them staying. Great players but were not going anywhere until we rebuild the team.
    Good post. I think Jeno could take a pay cut, Bowens gives us some depth.
    I have a feeling Booker will be traded.

As for Zach and JT, I'd hate to see them go, they have given their all for this team, they always take pay cuts when asked so I don't seee why they wouldn't do it again, also who better to mentor any young guys that we draft along the DL and LB positions.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We hold on to players to long I say it's time to cut our loses and move on.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    des moines IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Taylor should retire a Dolphin. He is still playing like a stud and single handidly keeping us competitive. I'm sorry to say it but its about time to let Zack go though. He is still awesome at stopping the run and sitting back in a little middle zone but he is getting abused in pass coverage and cannot blitz. If the coaching staff is aet on calling all these LB biltzes alll the time we need someone else in there. He is not quick enough to get there or strong enough to plow through the OL men. His play is seriously declining now and I would rather watch him leave as the stud we have always known over keeping him around and watch him deteriate into an all out liability to the team.

And we don't need to keep restructuring their deals. Thats what McNair did for so many years and we all saw how that turned out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Herald said taht we are expected to have around $21 Million in cap space.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan0202 View Post

Defense

Undecided on....

great post i love what you are saying .... i would like to see all those guys either traded or released..... the only other thing i would change on the list is keep ricky cuz hes too cheap to pass up and trade or release joey
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get rid of Chambers and Mcmicheal. Overpaid idiots.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Get rid of Chambers and Mcmicheal. Overpaid idiots.
    I can see them just taking a pay cut.

And who do we get to replace them if they are cut?
    Quote Quote