Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Thomas

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks

Zach Thomas

What are the salary cap implications of cutting Zach Thomas this offseason?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolfan Since 1972 Section 154 Go Fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you a fan? or an idiot? Zach's only deficiancy might be in blitzing. I think he would be better off stalling his blitz move until the O-Line pick the playes they're going to block and use a delay to sneak to an open slot. He doesn't have the physical size to bull rush an O-line man but he has the quicks to out maneuver him. But talk about cutting him? You don't have a clue!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by computerbob
    Are you a fan? or an idiot? Zach's only deficiancy might be in blitzing. I think he would be better off stalling his blitz move until the O-Line pick the playes they're going to block and use a delay to sneak to an open slot. He doesn't have the physical size to bull rush an O-line man but he has the quicks to out maneuver him. But talk about cutting him? You don't have a clue!
    Perhaps before you ask whether i'm an idiot you may consider reading whats written infront of your face, i don't recall mentioning blitzing so unless you actually have an intelligent response to a simple question **** off and troll another thread
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You'd have to defer to CLUMPY for CAP questions ....
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No opinion on the CAP hit as I don't know it.

But, I think we would be better served trading him. We may get a 3rd, most likely a 4th for him. Homers here will think he is worth a 1st, but there is no way we could even get a 2nd for him unless a team was desperate. The best opportunity for a high pick would have been to a playoff caliber team with an injury problem just before the deadline (that just passed).
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by @@@
    Perhaps before you ask whether i'm an idiot you may consider reading whats written infront of your face, i don't recall mentioning blitzing so unless you actually have an intelligent response to a simple question **** off and troll another thread
    Calling someone an idiot is a bit extreme, but to start a thread like this about cutting Zach Thomas was not the smartest thing to do in this forum. Zach may be poor at blitzing, but he is one of the main reasons why this defense is great year after year. He along with Jason Taylor is the heart of the defense. Cutting him would basically sever this team since his leadership is such an impact.

So, if you get alot of flack about your post...you should have thought about it before posting a comment like that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by @@@
    i think their is something wrong i with your abdula oblongata
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TooDrkPark
    Calling someone an idiot is a bit extreme, but to start a thread like this about cutting Zach Thomas was not the smartest thing to do in this forum. Zach may be poor at blitzing, but he is one of the main reasons why this defense is great year after year. He along with Jason Taylor is the heart of the defense. Cutting him would basically sever this team since his leadership is such an impact.

So, if you get alot of flack about your post...you should have thought about it before posting a comment like that.
    First of all, the defense was never great and second, he is not worth 4.9 million against the cap for a team that is rebuilding.... Time to move on......
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Dolfan Since 1972 Section 154 Go Fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well maybe I was a bit extreme... But it was only a question LOL, I didn't presume anything except, that by asking what the cap hit would be, you're implying, and I'm inferring that your intention would to be getting rid of him.
    I'm sorry if I took out my frustration on you, but reading the blogs, and comments from so-called fans is getting real old. I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 10 years. I live and bleed aqua & orange and now white trim and dark blue and etc.... I moved to Florida in the late 60's and was here for the perfect season, I've watched over the past dozen or so years how we've been mired in mediocrity based upon just being good enough to never get a decent draft. Now we finally get a "real" coach (maybe not a great media personality) but it must be hard to keep a cool head with the B.S. questions he has to endure. But people are already calling for the end of his tenure, PLEASE!, He has to get at least 4-5 years to make up for the lousy drafts that preceded him. And of all Dolphin luck, we finally get a 2nd and geez what a great draft year! As far as I'm concerned the only major mistake that "Nick" has made has been his choice between the Qb's he had this summer, (But he has an excuse for that, if it was truly the medical staff that advised against Breese) Speaking of him, realize that we could have drafted him in Wanny times but we choose the Jamar Fletcher at 26 when San Diego got him at 32 in the top of the 2nd) then we virtually had to pay San Diego to take him along with Feeley to get Cleo Lemon. Never-the-less I'm sorry for the attack, I just hope true Dolphin fans will give Saban at least as much time as Wanny had.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't want him cut. but if he is rough numbers say we will free up 3.3 million.
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote