Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Zach Thomas

  1. -11
    @@@'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    2,699
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by computerbob
    Well maybe I was a bit extreme... But it was only a question LOL, I didn't presume anything except, that by asking what the cap hit would be, you're implying, and I'm inferring that your intention would to be getting rid of him.
    I'm sorry if I took out my frustration on you, but reading the blogs, and comments from so-called fans is getting real old. I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 10 years. I live and bleed aqua & orange and now white trim and dark blue and etc.... I moved to Florida in the late 60's and was here for the perfect season, I've watched over the past dozen or so years how we've been mired in mediocrity based upon just being good enough to never get a decent draft. Now we finally get a "real" coach (maybe not a great media personality) but it must be hard to keep a cool head with the B.S. questions he has to endure. But people are already calling for the end of his tenure, PLEASE!, He has to get at least 4-5 years to make up for the lousy drafts that preceded him. And of all Dolphin luck, we finally get a 2nd and geez what a great draft year! As far as I'm concerned the only major mistake that "Nick" has made has been his choice between the Qb's he had this summer, (But he has an excuse for that, if it was truly the medical staff that advised against Breese) Speaking of him, realize that we could have drafted him in Wanny times but we choose the Jamar Fletcher at 26 when San Diego got him at 32 in the top of the 2nd) then we virtually had to pay San Diego to take him along with Feeley to get Cleo Lemon. Never-the-less I'm sorry for the attack, I just hope true Dolphin fans will give Saban at least as much time as Wanny had.
    Now thats the kind of post i was looking for :wink: I also apologise for taking my frustrations out on you i overeacted to your comments. For the record i wasn't saying lets ditch Zach i'm just curious as to his cap numbers this year and in future years of his current deal because at some stage will we have to move on without him and i was curious as to which years of his deal that may or may not make sense.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    189
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Columbus Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doing something that is hard to do by cutting a player everyone loves doesn't make you an idiot. This team needs help and Zach makes alot of money for a middle linebacker. Linebacker can be found in th draft even 4th or 5th round which is where zach was drafted. This team has gone as far as its going to go with the current roster. Do you want to be better or see players you like loose year in and year out.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    BennyVW's Avatar
    I'm the Man in the Box

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    3,339
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by columbuslarry
    Doing something that is hard to do by cutting a player everyone loves doesn't make you an idiot. This team needs help and Zach makes alot of money for a middle linebacker. Linebacker can be found in th draft even 4th or 5th round which is where zach was drafted. This team has gone as far as its going to go with the current roster. Do you want to be better or see players you like loose year in and year out.
    Actually money should be OK next year. We do have a few things to take care of:
    Traylor will prolly retire
    Hollidays contract is up
    Welker hit's RFA and if another team gives him an offer we receive no draft compensation because the chargers drafted him.
    Bell and tillman's deals expire after the season.
    Spragan is on his last year as is David Bowens.
    Denney hits RFA
    Vickerson hits RFA
    Zgoninas contract expires
    Lemon's contract is up and so is Barne's

    You'll notcie that most of this is defense. so we should have some flexability in our spending. Especially since the cap will go up another 8 million. (110 million)
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Mike13's Avatar
    You could have had free beer, for shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,230
    vCash:
    6065
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjetta6316
    Actually money should be OK next year. We do have a few things to take care of:
    Traylor will prolly retire
    Hollidays contract is up
    Welker hit's RFA and if another team gives him an offer we receive no draft compensation because the chargers drafted him.
    Bell and tillman's deals expire after the season.
    Spragan is on his last year as is David Bowens.
    Denney hits RFA
    Vickerson hits RFA
    Zgoninas contract expires
    Lemon's contract is up and so is Barne's

    You'll notcie that most of this is defense. so we should have some flexability in our spending. Especially since the cap will go up another 8 million. (110 million)
    Other than Welker, there is not a player there that is worth keeping.

    As for Zach, It would not suprise me to see him get traded.
    It would suck but all signs are pointing to a period of rebuilding and we need youth.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

    ...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    12,439
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSuck456
    Other than Welker, there is not a player there that is worth keeping.

    As for Zach, It would not suprise me to see him get traded.
    It would suck but all signs are pointing to a period of rebuilding and we need youth.
    you don't think Bell is worth keeping?
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. MERGED-Zach Thomas-Dolphin for Life ?/Zach rules
    By CrunchTime in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 11:26 PM
  2. Is Zach Thomas Done ?
    By MastR_EvaluatoR in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
  3. Zach Thomas
    By MillerTime in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 05:33 AM
  5. progress in thomas talks/zach thomas (merged 3x)
    By stan marino in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 06:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •