Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You may be right.

1. -21
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am still trying to figure out why debate or strong discussions are bad. That's what a forum is for. Attendance and participation on any thread or topic is optional. Anyone who is not amused or enjoying it should opt out.

Fact is those are the threads that get posts and action and volume. All which is good for this forum.

Who wants to sit around stroking each other over the possibilities if Darrius Thompson for the eleventh time when you can debate the draft. our AB, our coach, Sammy Knight, etc. etc.

The problem is people take the debate to serious and interpret it as "personal" feelings.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by fin-atic
    I am still trying to figure out why debate or strong discussions are bad. That's what a forum is for. Attendance and participation on any thread or topic is optional. Anyone who is not amused or enjoying it should opt out.

Fact is those are the threads that get posts and action and volume. All which is good for this forum.

Who wants to sit around stroking each other over the possibilities if Darrius Thompson for the eleventh time when you can debate the draft. our AB, our coach, Sammy Knight, etc. etc.

The problem is people take the debate to serious and interpret it as "personal" feelings.
    I think perhaps you mis-understood fin-atic... I don't think it was meant to discourage debate or strong discussions.. rather to point out that getting personal is not the way to convey your point, and certainly will not make people listen to it....

JMHO... but then... you may be right..who knows?

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Cogito, Ergo FinFanum

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I kinda like the all purpose, "I will certainly afford your comments all of the attention they merit."

Taken literally, it's not REALLY an insult. Right?
    Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed under the FinHeaven house rules. More members are suspended or outright banned for this than for any other violation. Please be cool so everyone can enjoy this site. When you see a violation, click the Alert triangle found at the lower left of each post. Thanks.:cool:
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hear you Wharf. I think the most frequent thing that happens is that someone expresses an opinion, good or bad, pro or anti Dolphin, and someone thinks they have to step up and take a personal shot at them. I see it all the time. Hey if you like Jay or don't like Jay, like Wanny or not, or like the draft or not, doesn't matter. Respect everyones right to be their own person and speak what they feel. If you disagree then politely back out of the thread and go on to topics that are in line with your thinking. Or stay and debate, but debate the topic and don't turn it into personal attacks with words like "stupid" etc. When it gets to that point then you can just politely agree to disagree.

Peace.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by fin-atic
    I If you disagree then politely back out of the thread and go on to topics that are in line with your thinking. Or stay and debate, but debate the topic and don't turn it into personal attacks with words like "stupid" etc. When it gets to that point then you can just politely agree to disagree.

Peace.
    You may be right.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think that you're all right but I think that this lady is never wrong:

:drool:
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya cant go wrong with that:cp:
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She defineitely keeps abreast of the issues!
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote