Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J. Allen's performance

1. -21
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13
    All things considered, he played ok. BUT, for a 1st round draft pick to be playing OK in the dime packages is not something to brag about.
    For his first serious amount of playing time? Sure it is...
    The Future of Miami

Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    For his first serious amount of playing time? Sure it is...

The fact that he only GETS ON THE FIELD in dime situations and it took until the 7th game to get in at all speak volumes as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he won't end up being a solid player eventually, but right now he's not.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact that he only GETS ON THE FIELD in dime situations and it took until the 7th game to get in at all speak volumes as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he won't end up being a solid player eventually, but right now he's not.
    you are right. and when Troy P didnt start at all his entire rookie year, he isn't any good. plz bro.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont mind that it took him a while to get on the field... considering the holdout and position switch. And thats acknowlaging that with both of those he should have only missed 4 weeks, not 6. But considering we have a pretty complicated defense... and that he wasnt a top 10 pick or anything (who I expect to make an immediate impact)... As long as he is playing and eventually starting his rookie year, I'm good. I expect him to start very soon... and thats perfectly fine for a mid-1st round pick...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    I dont mind that it took him a while to get on the field... considering the holdout and position switch. And thats acknowlaging that with both of those he should have only missed 4 weeks, not 6. But considering we have a pretty complicated defense... and that he wasnt a top 10 pick or anything (who I expect to make an immediate impact)... As long as he is playing and eventually starting his rookie year, I'm good. I expect him to start very soon... and thats perfectly fine for a mid-1st round pick...

ditto my man, completely agree and hope he continues to improve and see more time on the field
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7
    you are right. and when Troy P didnt start at all his entire rookie year, he isn't any good. plz bro.

I keep hearing this same tired argument. Troy played behind a better safety than we have starting on this team. Also Troy contributed to the team his rookie year and played in, I believe every game on DEFENSE. Allen played some special teams, and just did get on the field for a play or two last week and some dime situations today.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again and stand by it: A First round pick should SIGNIFICANTLY contribute to his team. A first round pick SHOULD have some sort of impact. That's why they are picked in the first round. First round selections are project players they are play makers. Their are exceptions of course. But first rounders who are going to be stand outs normally stand out immediately.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I keep hearing this same tired argument. Troy played behind a better safety than we have starting on this team. Also Troy contributed to the team his rookie year and played in, I believe every game on DEFENSE. Allen played some special teams, and just did get on the field for a play or two last week and some dime situations today.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again and stand by it: A First round pick should SIGNIFICANTLY contribute to his team. A first round pick SHOULD have some sort of impact. That's why they are picked in the first round. First round selections are project players they are play makers. Their are exceptions of course. But first rounders who are going to be stand outs normally stand out immediately.
    agree to a degree. 80% id say lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I Pity the Fool

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put Allen in now and see what hes got. The season is shot so time to see what young playmakers we have so we can hopefully cross a position or two off the list. No excuse to not do this anymore.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought Allen did well and showed his truly marvelous athleticism. He also did not screw up.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote