Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Start the team for 2007

  1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    834
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Start the team for 2007

    I think is time to look at next year. With the struggling running game and weak secondary we're not going to do much this year. The jets showed everyone how to beat us, and GB copied.

    I would do the following
    QB: JH, Cleo, DC
    OL: Carey, Hadnot, Alibi, Pape, LG
    Rb: Ronnie, Sammie, Jay Jay
    Tight: Same
    WR: Booker, Welker, Chambers, Hagan, Aroma (sign from Indy PC)
    DL: Release Zognia, Repalce Tayler and Taylor, insert Roth as a DE
    LB: Stay the same
    Secondary: Insert Allen, Bell and let the rest play.

    Play the 4-3 defense. That's what we have the personnel for.

    Simplifiy the offense to simple runs and passes. If it means going to a WC offense so be it. I prefer the power straight up, however, we don't have the offensive personnel for that.

    Saban also needs to evaluate his assistants. Houck, Capers, Mularkey, Secondary Coach. Cut down number of asst coaches as well.

    I also think the owenr needs to take GM authority away from Saban in the off season. Let Saban coach and Mueller get the players. The two get along and Mueller knows what Saban is looking for.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Cool Calm Mike's Avatar
    Paint It Gold

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,736
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    New Rochelle, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haha.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Funkymonks's Avatar
    The monks are on our side

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    491
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sorry man but from what ive seen of joey so far, i think that when daunte is healthy joey is gone
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    AirMarino83's Avatar
    dedicated to all jeeps & land cruisers

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    685
    vCash:
    1160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont think those changes would be enough to overhaul this patethic piece of football team we got here

    RONNIE B 23
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    SCall13's Avatar
    Finheaven QB

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2003
    Posts:
    13,015
    vCash:
    6988
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clbrazee
    I think is time to look at next year. With the struggling running game and weak secondary we're not going to do much this year. The jets showed everyone how to beat us, and GB copied.

    I would do the following
    QB: JH, Cleo, DC
    OL: Carey, Hadnot, Alibi, Pape, LG
    Rb: Ronnie, Sammie, Jay Jay
    Tight: Same
    WR: Booker, Welker, Chambers, Hagan, Aroma (sign from Indy PC)
    DL: Release Zognia, Repalce Tayler and Taylor, insert Roth as a DE
    LB: Stay the same
    Secondary: Insert Allen, Bell and let the rest play.

    Play the 4-3 defense. That's what we have the personnel for.

    Simplifiy the offense to simple runs and passes. If it means going to a WC offense so be it. I prefer the power straight up, however, we don't have the offensive personnel for that.

    Saban also needs to evaluate his assistants. Houck, Capers, Mularkey, Secondary Coach. Cut down number of asst coaches as well.

    I also think the owenr needs to take GM authority away from Saban in the off season. Let Saban coach and Mueller get the players. The two get along and Mueller knows what Saban is looking for.
    Dude, this team need wholesale changes. The changes you list are very minor to a team that is old, slow, heartless and is in desperate need to be blown up.

    SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Minnphin's Avatar
    I need a Mojito

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    991
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's just saying that's what we need to do this year, to start preparing and evaluating for next year. I agree.


    You're 25...and the player you're talking about is 26...quit calling him kid...you're not Bear Bryant...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Cannonboy's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,289
    vCash:
    1070
    Loc:
    Freehold, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing to do is release that over-rated bum of a tight end. Randy MicMicheal is an absolute joke. He cant catch or block. What a waste of a roster spot.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    AirMarino83's Avatar
    dedicated to all jeeps & land cruisers

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    685
    vCash:
    1160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnphin
    I think he's just saying that's what we need to do this year, to start preparing and evaluating for next year. I agree.
    oops i think youre right. i didnt read right.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    1,986
    vCash:
    1459
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonboy
    One thing to do is release that over-rated bum of a tight end. Randy MicMicheal is an absolute joke. He cant catch or block. What a waste of a roster spot.
    Ya, he is way overrated. He is playing like garbage. He couldn't even block Woodson today on that blitz. The guy has to go.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
  3. Breaking down the 2007 team relative to 2006's team.
    By Win Fin Fin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 09:55 PM
  4. Anyone think Jason Allen will start 2007.
    By kingfin23 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •