Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Say NO to Matt Prater!!!!!!!!

1. -1
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Merged: Say NO to Matt Prater!!!!!!!!

Oh my freaking god... if we sign this guy I will kill someone!! He is a kicker from UCF... and he might be the single worst kicker I have ever seen play. You guys might remember him... he is the guy that missed the EXTRA FREAKIN POINT in double overtime in UCF's bowl game last year. And that isnt even close to the first time he has choked BADLY... or even the first time he has missed a crutial extra point at the end of a game.

Apparently we recently worked him out. The guy is HORRIBLE!! Trust me... Say NO to Matt Prater!!!!
    The Future of Miami

Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    might just be a message to mare : Hey, we are looking elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trust me... that is no message. If I was Mare, I would have laughed in Saban's face if he "threatened" me with Matt freakin Prater...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    my 2 cents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty
    Oh my freaking god... if we sign this guy I will kill someone!! He is a kicker from UCF... and he might be the single worst kicker I have ever seen play. You guys might remember him... he is the guy that missed the EXTRA FREAKIN POINT in double overtime in UCF's bowl game last year. And that isnt even close to the first time he has choked BADLY... or even the first time he has missed a crutial extra point at the end of a game.

Apparently we recently worked him out. The guy is HORRIBLE!! Trust me... Say NO to Matt Prater!!!!
    You are correct Prater has had some big misses...Ohio game comes to mind and Nevada..but he has a very strong leg and is exceptional on kickoffs. His misses come in bunches, he is very streaky. He is worth bringing to camp in 07 to see if he has gained any consistency IMHO.....anyway I doubt he will be on any roster this year and is more of an evaluation that an actual threat to Mare....
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We work out guys all the time regardless of whether or not there's a need at a position.

Edinger is the guy you keep an eye on, though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by my 2 cents
    You are correct Prater has had some big misses...Ohio game comes to mind and Nevada..but he has a very strong leg and is exceptional on kickoffs. His misses come in bunches, he is very streaky. He is worth bringing to camp in 07 to see if he has gained any consistency IMHO.....anyway I doubt he will be on any roster this year and is more of an evaluation that an actual threat to Mare....
    Or Illinois... where he missed an extra point to tie the game up at the end. Ya, he has a powerful leg for kickoffs, but who cares? So does Mare...

I am sorry, but I have a VERY strong hatred for this guy... and would cry if he ever made it into a Fins uniform.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vienna, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    knowing Saban...im sorry, but he'll probably end up choosing Prater over Edinger. Just like he chose Hodge/Newman over Arrington...Allen/Hill over Clements. Culpepper over Brees.

Saban seems to think he can turn somewhat mediocre players, into pro-bowlers...but he cant. obviously.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    "The Sticker Dunk"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFinFan
    knowing Saban...im sorry, but he'll probably end up choosing Prater over Edinger. Just like he chose Hodge/Newman over Arrington...Allen/Hill over Clements. Culpepper over Brees.

Saban seems to think he can turn somewhat mediocre players, into pro-bowlers...but he cant. obviously.
    Not taking Brees was all about the $. We just couldnt afford that. Same with Arrington. Plus, the guy has never been able to stay healthy... and now he is on IR again.

And are you talking about Nate Clements? We would have had to trade for him from a division rival... and he sucks. Even Bills fans hate him... so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

I would be SO pissed. How many easy and clutch kicks did he miss for UCF. I think there might be a reason that he hasnt started anywhere since college. Dont even waste time evaluating this guy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not taking Brees was all about the $. We just couldnt afford that. Same with Arrington. Plus, the guy has never been able to stay healthy... and now he is on IR again.

And are you talking about Nate Clements? We would have had to trade for him from a division rival... and he sucks. Even Bills fans hate him... so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The Giants fans hated Allen....so?
    We will Remember!!

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Quote Quote