Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Need Free Agent Advice BADLY In Week 8!

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks

Need Free Agent Advice BADLY In Week 8!

This week is KILLING me in my yahoo league, I have like 4 starters and a reserve all on BYE, lol. That leaves me REALLY thin at WR, since my league starts 3 WR and a WR/RB. So far my starting lineup looks like this:

QB - Rex Grossman
    RBs - LaDanian Tomlinson and Chester Taylor
    TE - Desmond Clark
    WRs - Javon Walker, Donte Stallworth, Eddie Parker
    WR/RB - Wali Lundy
    K - Doug Rayner
    DEF - Pitt

The only guy NOT on bye on my bench is Jake Delhomme, lol. Eddie Parker and Wali Lundy were emergency FA pickups to fill the WR spot and the flec position. However, I need some advice. Donte Stallworth is STILL listed as "probable", and Wali Lundy is very sporatic. Najeh Davenport is available as a FA, and the WRs available are Sammie Parker, Reche Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Chris Henry, and Ashley Lelie. So basically, which combos of them would you use? Should I go with Devenport over Lundy at the flex? Should I go with any combo of the WRs over Stallworth and/or Eddie Parker? Should I start one of those WRs at the flex instead of Luny/Davenport? I'm HURTIN' this week, lol, and none of the FAs are that intriguing, they are all equally crappy, so I'm at a loss as to who to go with. It's like trying to pick the best of the worse
    Texas Longhorns - 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :rocker:
    Guy 1: "Were you on steroids?"
    Chazz Michael Michaels: "Yes, yes I was, about a half a cup."

Keith Richards: "I snorted my father" :rocker:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would stick with Lundy he is starting.. he had a big game over jax. Davenport .. bleh.. not yet..

Reciver wise:

Chad Jackson hasn't proven to be a good fantasy pick up yet. He did have a decent week for a reciver last week but really one 1 other time this year. I don't think Minnys Defense is a good time to play him.

Ashley Lelie? Been garbage fantays wise, and I don't think the benglas is the time for him to step up.

Caldwell, See C.Jackason

Sammie Parker, While Huard has been looking to him probably more then other recivers on that team. I don't think he is a good match up against the seahawks Defense.

I take it you ment Eric Parker from the Chargers? He is probably the same to Chad Jackson

Donte Stallworth practiced this week and should be going up agianst jax who is banged up right now. I think you should stick with him
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwarp
    I would stick with Lundy he is starting.. he had a big game over jax. Davenport .. bleh.. not yet..

Reciver wise:

Chad Jackson hasn't proven to be a good fantasy pick up yet. He did have a decent week for a reciver last week but really one 1 other time this year. I don't think Minnys Defense is a good time to play him.

Ashley Lelie? Been garbage fantays wise, and I don't think the benglas is the time for him to step up.

Caldwell, See C.Jackason

Sammie Parker, While Huard has been looking to him probably more then other recivers on that team. I don't think he is a good match up against the seahawks Defense.

I take it you ment Eric Parker from the Chargers? He is probably the same to Chad Jackson

Donte Stallworth practiced this week and should be going up agianst jax who is banged up right now. I think you should stick with him
    Yea I meant Eric, lol. OK, well I have Javon Walker and Donte Stallworth at WR then, and Lundy as the flex, but I need a 3rd WR (I have no idea why Budd has us starting 3WR plus a flex, lol), so who do you suggest out of the FAs I named? Currently I have Eric Parker in that spot.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Anonymous User

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent51
    This week is KILLING me in my yahoo league, I have like 4 starters and a reserve all on BYE, lol. That leaves me REALLY thin at WR, since my league starts 3 WR and a WR/RB. So far my starting lineup looks like this:

QB - Rex Grossman
    RBs - LaDanian Tomlinson and Chester Taylor
    TE - Desmond Clark
    WRs - Javon Walker, Donte Stallworth, Eddie Parker
    WR/RB - Wali Lundy
    K - Doug Rayner
    DEF - Pitt

The only guy NOT on bye on my bench is Jake Delhomme, lol. Eddie Parker and Wali Lundy were emergency FA pickups to fill the WR spot and the flec position. However, I need some advice. Donte Stallworth is STILL listed as "probable", and Wali Lundy is very sporatic. Najeh Davenport is available as a FA, and the WRs available are Sammie Parker, Reche Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Chris Henry, and Ashley Lelie. So basically, which combos of them would you use? Should I go with Devenport over Lundy at the flex? Should I go with any combo of the WRs over Stallworth and/or Eddie Parker? Should I start one of those WRs at the flex instead of Luny/Davenport? I'm HURTIN' this week, lol, and none of the FAs are that intriguing, they are all equally crappy, so I'm at a loss as to who to go with. It's like trying to pick the best of the worse
    Lellie is a starter.Henry will play this week.So will Stallworth(from what they say).Lundy is a better pick over Davenport.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Anonymous User

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 54Fins
    Lellie is a starter.Henry will play this week.So will Stallworth(from what they say).Lundy is a better pick over Davenport.
    BTW,i got Stallworth too.I FEEL this is the week he starts playing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    news out of New Englan is Chad Jackson might be used as a Punt Returner as well, so if you get points for that he is worth a pick up. he Also has only appeard in 3 games I belive and in thouse 3 he had a TouchDown. Might be worth a Pick up.

I don't thin Eric Parker has seen the endzone all year, and your probably better off with Wes Welker then Eric Parker.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Captain Caveman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    1st overall draft pick
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also check if Joe Jurevicius is avalible, he is in most leagues do to he hasn't done **** all year, but he is a starter on the other side of Braylon, and he is playing the jets this week so he might be a decent pick up.
    Quote Quote