Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many players and whose contracts end at the end of THIS year?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i just pray to god that we sign wes before the end of the season!!!!
    Go the phins
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefinfan54
    i just pray to god that we sign wes before the end of the season!!!!
    Wes is a RFA but he is a special case. Since we didn't draft him if he signs with another team we get zero compensation. BUT we do get the option to match any contract he receives.This however is weakend by the fact that teams are allowed to use the "poison pill" so that another team cannot match the contract (See: Hutchinson, steve and Burleson, nate)
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjetta6316
    bell, welker, holliday, traylor,bowens, macintosh, minor,spragan, zgonina, berger,... all of these players contract expire. Welker will be a RFA. all the other are URFA...
    sup dude? with the exceptions of welker and bell, i expect all of these guys to hit the road
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Berger might stick around also. I think he falls under the category of cheap, young, developing talent. Remember he was pushing for a starting spot after Toledo went down. I wouldn't be overly shock if we see him and Toledo as our guards at some point next season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    welker is our best reciver but if someone gives him good dough he will be gone that sucks he is my favorite player got my fav. number too mark clayton's #83
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    another MD finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goodman is making a million bucks!!!!!!!!!
    Ricky and Ronnie. Best tandem in the league!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Charter Member of the Dolphin's Fan Club

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sebastian, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Praying no-one offers Wes a big contract (excepting the Phins of course).
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks

welker

you folks are about to witness the reason the dolphins suck this year. WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE WINNERS. the front offices should have already signed welker to a contract. it would have sent a message to all the other players. and kept "the heart" of this team on our sidelines. I do not blame the plalers any more. this stinks from the top down. this team was not that good last year, get real on the 6-0 finish, and it is the same this year---SABAN AND HIS STAFF ARE A MISTAKE. OTHER TEAMS ARE WINNING WITH LESS.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadpop
    you folks are about to witness the reason the dolphins suck this year. WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE WINNERS. the front offices should have already signed welker to a contract. it would have sent a message to all the other players. and kept "the heart" of this team on our sidelines. I do not blame the plalers any more. this stinks from the top down. this team was not that good last year, get real on the 6-0 finish, and it is the same this year---SABAN AND HIS STAFF ARE A MISTAKE. OTHER TEAMS ARE WINNING WITH LESS.
    Why? Welker will get an even larger contract now because his play has elevated. AND he is a RFA! Teams typically don't do contract extensions till year 4 when the player is a vested veteran....Actually singin a player early is bad in the players eyes because it's easy to out-perform the contract because its generally a low dead. For example the eagles just extended shawn andrews and mike patterson. While they gained some extra coin now, and a little security they actually kind screwed themselves. both of their contract salaries will be low if they keep up their pace of improvement, and the contracts are so long the dead cap number is minimal....Basically the team has them by the balls. If they underperform they can cut them at anytime, and if they overperform then they can't ask for more cash. (especially from the eagles)

Signing early is only good for the team, of for bubble guys who may not get another deal in the future.

good players will always get a better contract in their 4th year barring injury.

PLUS- Welker is not considered an elite receiver. he only fits 3-5 teams defintiton of a slot guy. Welker's returns are good however. Generally the market is not that HOTT for this type of player...especially when they are undersized. AND Saban loves welker!
    Quote Quote