Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What has Saban really done?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami/Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do people act like Saban is GOD, he's a coach. A coach that has only been here 2 years, a team that has potiential but deals with new coaches, not just one coach, new players, look at that word players not this player of that player......players.
    My point is it a whole team effort in what happens, this year they were not as ready as the media hyped them up to be. But its just silly how people think one person overrules the outcome of the team.....yeah right.

You can bring J. Madden or who ever u want in to coach this team, if its not all together....guess what....we're in the same place we started. great on paper, but the total opposite on the field.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he has dug us a pretty big hole.....thats about it
    Go the phins
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Phinfan since 1982

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My question still stands. What has he done about the salary cap? I'll start.

1) Dumped Madison and Surtain. 2 high priced CBs that were sucking up major cap space. As much as it is hard to see them go, it was the right
    decision.
    2) He brought in a bunch of low priced verterans that have little effect on our cap. That's value, regardless of whether they are mercenaries.
    3) He needs time for his draft picks to pan out. Crowder is good. Allen will be great. I hope Manny Wright comes back, he is a beast. We al forget about Daniels because he ahs been injured, but he will be god for a while.
    4) He signed Will Allen. [Begin flame war] Granted he has made some dumb mistakes, but hes younger and faster than Madison and I believe he will fit the system better once Saban teaches him better technique.
    5) I really like the Goodman pickup too. Good player who was stuck in a crappy system. He will stick around.

Ok, now you all add to the list.
    "Fiction can be fun, but I find the reference section a bit more enlightening." Ace Ventura
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsome
    My question still stands. What has he done about the salary cap? I'll start.

1) Dumped Madison and Surtain. 2 high priced CBs that were sucking up major cap space. As much as it is hard to see them go, it was the right
    decision.
    2) He brought in a bunch of low priced verterans that have little effect on our cap. That's value, regardless of whether they are mercenaries.
    3) He needs time for his draft picks to pan out. Crowder is good. Allen will be great. I hope Manny Wright comes back, he is a beast. We al forget about Daniels because he ahs been injured, but he will be god for a while.
    4) He signed Will Allen. [Begin flame war] Granted he has made some dumb mistakes, but hes younger and faster than Madison and I believe he will fit the system better once Saban teaches him better technique.
    5) I really like the Goodman pickup too. Good player who was stuck in a crappy system. He will stick around.

Ok, now you all add to the list.
    6)Enters 2007 26 million under the cap.
    7) has all his first day picks for the first time. (and we'll pick in the top 10)
    8) only 1 drafted player cut in 2 years....(aromashadu)
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Phinfan since 1982

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hdjetta6316
    6)Enters 2007 26 million under the cap.
    7) has all his first day picks for the first time. (and we'll pick in the top 10)
    8) only 1 drafted player cut in 2 years....(aromashadu)
    Thank you Thank you. Positivism (that's the word, I looked it up). That's what I'm looking for. We have good guys on this team. Some are on haitus. Some are injured, but the future does look bright. We don't have all the guys we need, but we have a lot of draft picks next year, and a lot of money to spend in free agency. If we pick Calvin Johnson, the we need tackles in free agency. If we pick Joe Thomas, vice versa. Culpepper will be back and better than we have seen him. The oline will be stronger and the D will be more solid. Mularkey will be history and our young guys will be one year better and pissed off and sick of losing and ready to kick some tail. Positivism. Rational Positivism.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aleta
    What Saban has done, he has screw us up to the bone!! We have so many mercenaries in this team(?) that we could be call the Miami Corsaries or Pirates.

Ps the don't care about the DOLPHINS!! they only care about there paycheck
    you think the Dolphins are the only team with players that don't give a **** about the history of the franchise they are playing for??
    Quote Quote