Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read Me! Important Message To ALL Members!

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Read Me! Important Message To ALL Members!

First, let me explain why these boards exist. The FinHeaven & Co Forums were created to bring a place for fans to sit back, relax, and talk about Dolphins football. In the first year of existence, this really wasn't a problem as there was under 1,000 members. However, the boards are obviously growing, and this is seemingly becoming more difficult. Instead of members being able to relax, some members have to be on guard for personal attacks or veiled insults.

As time has been going on, the moderation has been someone lenient. However, due to events that have recently passed, we are forced to tighten up and make these forums enjoyable, once again for all members.

So, please keep the following in mind:

* We honestly don't care about what happened on other message boards. If you don't like another member from a different forum, and that member were to post here, and you were to insult that member FIRST on these forums, then you are held responsible and will be warned, and possibly banned. Once again, private wars will NOT take place on FinHeaven. We do not care who started what on another board, nor do we care what happens off this board, who is banned where, or who moderates what. Our primary concern is FinHeaven & Co. These are not the forums to be talking about the past, and bringing up past arguments that happened on other boards.

* Any personal attacks will be taken seriously, unless the member being attacked takes it lightly and jokingly.

* There will be no "message board war." We realize that there is some "rough terrain" between Dolphins Digest, the Palm Beach Post, Dolfan Talk, or anybody else. However, as the name implies, this is the Finheaven & Co Forums.

For those that need a reminder, here are the warnings:
    First offense will be a warning.
    Second offense will be a week ban.
    Third offense will be a permanent ban.

Listen people, we are taking this seriously. We aren't going to allow personal insults fly, these boards were created for Dolphin fans to talk about Dolphins football, not about somebody else's mother.

If you don't like these rules, tough. If you have someone that you simply can not ignore and must insult them, use emails or simply use the ignore feature on these message boards... or try growing up.

Finally, I just wanted to let ALL the members know that I personally back ALL of the staff members. Each and every one of them has gained my respect and trust. However they choose to handle a situation is up to them, and I respect whatever they choose. If a staff member has decided to ban a member, I will not go around their backs and unban that member unless he or she can prove that they are worth being unbanned, and, in addition, it will be brought to a staff vote.

Lastly, just remember... attack the post, not the poster.

If you have any questions, please let any of us know.

Sincerely,
    FinHeaven & Co Staff
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phan since '66

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oak Harbor, OH 43449
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good, I hope you and the rest of the moderators, etc. do just that! A well moderated board is why I'm here. Thank you, thank you very much.

My wife is recoveering from a serious illness and Dolphin football is one of my favorite diversions. Slamming folks is too much like real life and that's what I come here to avoid.

Keep up the good, no make that great work!!!!!
    Ohiophinphan
    Witness to the first ever practice of the Dolphins,
    St. Petersburg Beach, 1966

Banners courtesy of CrunchTime

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

I agree with your stance 100%

However there is a paragraph that is not true and out of fairness should either be eliminated or corrected.

* There will be no "message board war." We realize that there is some "rough terrain" between Dolphins Digest, the Palm Beach Post, or anybody else. However, as the name implies, this is the Finheaven & Co Forums.
    This gives the impression that there is a problem between DD and PPB, I am originally from the PBP and that's not the case. There is a problem between these two boards and another board and if that board is exempt from mention I don't see why these two boards were mentioned by name. This may be a mistake, I just brought it up because I don't think it's fair.

Thanks

JS
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it's funny that a guy from "Defiance" is the first person to post in support of "the man". j/k.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Phan since '66

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oak Harbor, OH 43449
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its a great place to live not a state of mind :biggrin:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: I agree with your stance 100%

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
    However there is a paragraph that is not true and out of fairness should either be eliminated or corrected.

This gives the impression that there is a problem between DD and PPB, I am originally from the PBP and that's not the case. There is a problem between these two boards and another board and if that board is exempt from mention I don't see why these two boards were mentioned by name. This may be a mistake, I just brought it up because I don't think it's fair.

Thanks

JS
    Rest assurred JSS... it was a mistake, and only goes to prove that it is unimportant to us what happens on other boards. Which is why AJ stated "or anybody else" because we neither know, nor care what other boards are involved.... again...this is FinHeaven & Co. our sole concern. Thank you, however, for the clarification.

Jon
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well said Mods. I think that this is one of the best forums for any team. I have been on the cutting edge in some of my opinions about the teams needs and decisions, but never take it to a personal level. I applaud your efforts to keep the quality environment you have established.

Lets hope 2003 brings us so much success that everyone can enjoy the success together.

Peace and go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Great Falls, MT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    *closes eyes and thinks of a happy place, a happy place * (hey i watched Happy Gilmore last night work with me here )
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this will solve alot of problems...but I never got a warning before my one week ban, so what's up...next time (hopefully will never happen) will I just be banend for good or get a warning, because I do not recall receiving one...I may be wrong though.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Cayman and Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mods, I hope that you do follow through, I came here towards the end of last year, I found a haven as I had been on the Herald board and that was just one personal attack after another, this board was heaven, but since the end of the year there has been a lot of bitterness and the quality of this site has IMO gone down considerably. It needs to be moderated, we need to understand other people's opinion and we need to understand that people will disagree with our opinion.

Where I am originally from the Natinal Motto is "Out of many, One People" and that is what we are here, many different people, races, nationalities but we all have one love, the greatest team of all, So lets respect each other as we are obviously bright people, unlike the yahoos that support the Jets!
    Support my Cause, 'Sleeping out to help Homeless Youth' by visiting www.firstgiving.com/paultyler and donating anything you can. I finished my three nights out in the snow! A couple pics, crappy blog and videos are on caymangolfer.spaces.live.com, check them out. It was a blast and makes me thankful I have a warm bed to live in everynight.

Quote Quote