Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read Me! Important Message To ALL Members!

1. -11
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Catherine Bell is delicious

You won't git no troubles from me boss
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just wondering what this is in response to. I've been kinda busy recently.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ralph Wilson after this season

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :pope: I'll be good I promise
    "OFFSEASON? We don't need no stinking offseason"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Getting geeked for 2003!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post AJ. Props to you for not allowing this site to deterriorate to the likes of ESPN, etc.

For my part, I have made one major mistake on here and kind of whined about being 'disciplined' It was just one of those days.

However, my post was unacceptable and my apologies again go out to Clump, Aqua, and the board in general.

Sometimes rebelling is cool, and sometimes necessary but rules exist for a reason. In this case, it is for the good reasons AJ mentioned. I 'conform' to those rules, and IMO it is foolish not to.

Peace!
    ''I think any special accomplishment is always preceded by some adversity,'' Wannstedt said. ``If you funnel that adversity in a positive way, it can make the difference.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can I make one suggestion though? I have noticed there are just a handful of rival fans that come and post something, just to try and get that type of reaction from all of us. Albeit we should keep to ourselves, but don't you think it's wise to keep those "outsiders" on a shorter leash than the locals?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by MarinoFan
    Can I make one suggestion though? I have noticed there are just a handful of rival fans that come and post something, just to try and get that type of reaction from all of us. Albeit we should keep to ourselves, but don't you think it's wise to keep those "outsiders" on a shorter leash than the locals?

I hear you on that one, and sometimes I'm guilty of stepping in that trap because I'm either bored, in the mood to argue, or just plain tired of it and feel like responding.

But, if it is obviously a post to get us riled up, why bother? Why give them the satisfaction and attention? So they are proving they like to argue more or like to start crap more? Good for them, they can win 1st prize in that contest for all I care.

Also, I am more strict of personal attacks because you dont know the condition of the other person online. It could be a tough time in their life and maybe this is their escape. I should have said unprovoked personal attacks, i.e. 'starting it'

That is just me though, I can accept posters making personal attacks on other posters if they didnt' start it, but even then, why bother? That is just my opinion, I believe the rule states no personal attacks, period. It's a good rule.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agreed, no personal attacks. My suggestion was more towards the instigators.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MarinoFan, we try to look out for these types of people, and if their first few posts are just that, then they are banned... :cool:
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by MarinoFan
    Agreed, no personal attacks. My suggestion was more towards the instigators.

Right, I just added that becaue it was on my mind.

Since there are strict rules on respecting members, IMO, there should be the same system for obvious mindless drivel i.e. starting crap constantly where thats all you have to contribute while at the same time not punishishing those who just like to have a good time talkin a little smack and offering other insight.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For MNFINFAN ... Same here ... Catherine Bell Rules! I'm speechless about some of her pics!
    Quote Quote