Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB performance...

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RB performance...

finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

2 thigns that i see bother me... jsut a little...

When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7
    finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.
    Good post, but I actually don't think he WASN'T showing those things previously. I think he finally had a chance to get more than 20 carries AND more importantly....we had a lead to allow him to carry the ball in the 4th quarter. He ran VERY well in the 4th quarter with that.

I know some are down on Ronnie....but I really believe he's going to be a very good back. I think there are alot of factors contributing to the running game not going well during the season thus far. With some good oline play and Ronnie getting some additional carries...he showed why he's a good back and ony going to get better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, to add to what I said....alot of people dont like him dancing before he makes a move. Well, alot of times he has to do that because the oline had allowed multiple defenders to get into the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought it was great when he got into the open field and ran over the Bears safety and then stepped on him he needs to do more of that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7

RB doesn't have those amazing open-field moves that some have (and you forgot some of Ricky's), but very few if any of the backs you mentioned have the raw strength and size of Brown and that helped him get a lot of his better runs last year. I don't know if he is ever gonna be a home run hitter, but he can still be a good runner getting good runs consistently.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif
    I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.
    I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.
    18-1 Choke of the Century

Click on VIP badge to Join
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    easton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ronnie and the o=line deserve an A+ today!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.
    Yeah what it seemed to me was that maybe he doesn't have confidence in his own quickness or something. Like he doesn't believe he's fast enough to beat the defender off the angle.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif

Yeh, but if he ran people over in the open field and didn't ever try and juke and make some more yardage, people would be killing him for that. If you ask me, Ronnie just can't win sometimes. The guy has one of his best games and he still takes crap.
    Quote Quote