Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: RB performance...

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    SR 7's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    8,755
    vCash:
    1184
    Thanks / No Thanks

    RB performance...

    finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

    waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

    2 thigns that i see bother me... jsut a little...

    When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

    i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    PerfectFinz72's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,460
    vCash:
    2372
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7
    finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

    waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

    2 thigns that i see bother me... jsut a little...

    When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

    i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.
    Good post, but I actually don't think he WASN'T showing those things previously. I think he finally had a chance to get more than 20 carries AND more importantly....we had a lead to allow him to carry the ball in the 4th quarter. He ran VERY well in the 4th quarter with that.

    I know some are down on Ronnie....but I really believe he's going to be a very good back. I think there are alot of factors contributing to the running game not going well during the season thus far. With some good oline play and Ronnie getting some additional carries...he showed why he's a good back and ony going to get better.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    PerfectFinz72's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,460
    vCash:
    2372
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, to add to what I said....alot of people dont like him dancing before he makes a move. Well, alot of times he has to do that because the oline had allowed multiple defenders to get into the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    SR 7's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    8,755
    vCash:
    1184
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72
    Good post, but I actually don't think he WASN'T showing those things previously. I think he finally had a chance to get more than 20 carries AND more importantly....we had a lead to allow him to carry the ball in the 4th quarter. He ran VERY well in the 4th quarter with that.

    I know some are down on Ronnie....but I really believe he's going to be a very good back. I think there are alot of factors contributing to the running game not going well during the season thus far. With some good oline play and Ronnie getting some additional carries...he showed why he's a good back and ony going to get better.
    the main thing was we gave him HOLES and if there were no holes, he showed PATIENCE till soemthign opoened. those were the 2 big factors.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    10
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Brown gettin all up in they're chilly!

    Some of those runs I heard ronnie was finishing with some sick hits. Man i can't wait till we see some video of those. That's too sweet, up against the #1 defense in th league no less! Oh yeah that whole caddy vs. brown talk should be about over.
    :wink: If at first you don't succeed keep on succin' til ya do suc.... ceed!:wink:
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Brown42000's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    4,316
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought it was great when he got into the open field and ran over the Bears safety and then stepped on him he needs to do more of that.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Sherif's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    2,728
    vCash:
    1619
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    cnc66's Avatar
    wiley veteran bad spelur

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    19,550
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif
    I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.
    I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.
    18-1 Choke of the Century

    Click on VIP badge to Join
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    late again's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    1,580
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66
    I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.
    Yeah what it seemed to me was that maybe he doesn't have confidence in his own quickness or something. Like he doesn't believe he's fast enough to beat the defender off the angle.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    PerfectFinz72's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,460
    vCash:
    2372
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif
    I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.

    Yeh, but if he ran people over in the open field and didn't ever try and juke and make some more yardage, people would be killing him for that. If you ask me, Ronnie just can't win sometimes. The guy has one of his best games and he still takes crap.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Pay for performance ??
    By lkconch in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
  2. J. Allen's performance
    By SR 7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
  3. Performance pay?
    By john00agent in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:48 PM
  4. Performance pay?
    By john00agent in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 11:47 AM
  5. R.Williams Performance
    By RW342000 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •