Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do we view this win?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How do we view this win?

Miami went out and beat a solid team on the road. A team that was undefeated and showed that despite qb issues they can win any game especially against a poor opponent.

Fortunately, we now know that the coaching staff can come up with enough defensive game planning to win games. Unfortunately, they need two weeks to prepare the team.

Fortunately, we know that Saban has the ability to coach this team despite his refusal to be consistant in what he says and take undiffused responsibility for the teams troubles. Unfortunately, this win more than ever exposes his failure this year to prepare the team for any of their previous games.

If we can go out and win on the road against one of the best and most complete teams in the league. How come we stunk so horribly against the worst teams in the league? There is only one answer. The team wasn't prepared properly. We'll see how Saban and company do from this point forward without 2 weeks to prepare for the rest of our tough games.

Maybe Saban took the time in his brief hiatus to look in the mirror and actually admit to himself that he hadn't been doing his job properly and he needed to change some things drastically if he wanted to right the ship.

As a brief aside, Joey wasn't good. If you only complete 50% of your passes, throw for 140 yards and give up 2 picks, that's about as poor as it gets. Ben is throwing for 400 a game and at least a td or 2 but would anyone say he's been good? For every 2 tds he's throwing 3 ints. At least this is a blip in his career. For Joey, 2 tds to every 3 ints has been his career.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekinger
    Miami went out and beat a solid team on the road. A team that was undefeated and showed that despite qb issues they can win any game especially against a poor opponent.

Fortunately, we now know that the coaching staff can come up with enough defensive game planning to win games. Unfortunately, they need two weeks to prepare the team.

Fortunately, we know that Saban has the ability to coach this team despite his refusal to be consistant in what he says and take undiffused responsibility for the teams troubles. Unfortunately, this win more than ever exposes his failure this year to prepare the team for any of their previous games.

If we can go out and win on the road against one of the best and most complete teams in the league. How come we stunk so horribly against the worst teams in the league? There is only one answer. The team wasn't prepared properly. We'll see how Saban and company do from this point forward without 2 weeks to prepare for the rest of our tough games.

Maybe Saban took the time in his brief hiatus to look in the mirror and actually admit to himself that he hadn't been doing his job properly and he needed to change some things drastically if he wanted to right the ship.

As a brief aside, Joey wasn't good. If you only complete 50% of your passes, throw for 140 yards and give up 2 picks, that's about as poor as it gets. Ben is throwing for 400 a game and at least a td or 2 but would anyone say he's been good? For every 2 tds he's throwing 3 ints. At least this is a blip in his career. For Joey, 2 tds to every 3 ints has been his career.
    In defense of Harrington: He was playing one of the best, if not THE best defense in the league. Also, one of the INTs was just a really good play by a defensive lineman who jumped up and batted the ball and caught it. IT wasn't a bad pass. In fact, the pass would have probably been a TD if it wasn't for that great play by the defender. His other INT was a bad pass. He didn't play particularly well, but very few QBs do look good against the Bears defense. Also, Harrington was victimized by quite a few drops, especially early. I know of 2 by Chambers and one by Barnes. Who knows how many others. Something people have to remember: ALL INTS are NOT the QBs fault. Some are deflected off the recievers, some are exceptional plays by the defense.
    I do agree that Joey is not a long term answer for us at QB, but he has been the victim of as much bad luck as he has errant passes - at least.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13
    In defense of Harrington: He was playing one of the best, if not THE best defense in the league. Also, one of the INTs was just a really good play by a defensive lineman who jumped up and batted the ball and caught it. IT wasn't a bad pass. In fact, the pass would have probably been a TD if it wasn't for that great play by the defender. His other INT was a bad pass. He didn't play particularly well, but very few QBs do look good against the Bears defense. Also, Harrington was victimized by quite a few drops, especially early. I know of 2 by Chambers and one by Barnes. Who knows how many others. Something people have to remember: ALL INTS are NOT the QBs fault. Some are deflected off the recievers, some are exceptional plays by the defense.
    I do agree that Joey is not a long term answer for us at QB, but he has been the victim of as much bad luck as he has errant passes - at least.
    the drive following the jason allen INT, harrington overthrew a wide open Chambers and a wide open Booker...both were terrible throws.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joey did fine, against the Bears defense he was decent. We KNOW he's not the long term answer for us, Daunte (hopefully) is. You can't put all the previous losses on Saban, he gets his share but he never dropped a pass, he never failed to block anyone, etc. Yesterday if anything showed Nick CAN coach, IF the players will execute what he''s coached.

We have all the answers on FinHeaven, I just don't have a clue what the question is.

Wherever Parcells has gone, I've followed and cheered that team, now he came to my beloved Dolphins. I must be in FinHEAVEN!

Thanks and Kudos to Crunchtime for the cool sig banners.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EAZY 0
    the drive following the jason allen INT, harrington overthrew a wide open Chambers and a wide open Booker...both were terrible throws.

Ummm, I didn't say all of Harrington's passes were good. I didn't say Harrington was great. I was just pointing out that his completion percentage, while being low, hasn't been all of his fault, and the INTs aren't all on him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13
    Ummm, I didn't say all of Harrington's passes were good. I didn't say Harrington was great. I was just pointing out that his completion percentage, while being low, hasn't been all of his fault, and the INTs aren't all on him.
    im just pointing out that for every pass the WRs drop, theres one that the WR makes a play to save harrington...harrington is a bad QB
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At some point you have to wonder if a guy is innacurate and his receivers seem to drop a lot of balls, how much of that has to do with being innaccurate? Receivers always talk about liking the way one guy throws vs. another. He throws a nice ball. I don't think Joey throws a nice ball. With that said, I agree that Chicago makes most qbs look less than stellar.

Of course Saban doesn't catch the ball or block people. But there have been enough breakdowns at every level of play for so long that it's very obvious the team has been ill prepared. That starts with the coaching.

There is no way not to place most if not all the blame on Saban. We could compete with everyone with the talent we have on the team. Maybe we still only have 2 wins if he had prepared the team properly but we would have been in every game. We would have been competitive and not broken down so miserably for so long.

I can't wait to see what happens for the rest of the season. I'm torn between being competitive/winning and getting a top first rounder. Maybe both can still occur?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekinger

Let's do this; view it as the sweet road victory it was!! No point in digging for some unknown truth when you are 2-6. Let's just take it week by week. Next game - Chiefs at our home.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and to answer the question How do we view this win? We take it as a builing block because we beat the number 1 statistical team in thier home town and now we can go out and plow KC next week
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinSoldia
    ummm call captain obvious but if he was a good QB he would have still been in Detroit...thats why the words adequate back-up are used
    a lot of people claim harrington to be starting material...
    Quote Quote