Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demographics Survey... Please Fill Out...

1. -21
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    I hate ads as well, thus there will never be any of those annoying pop-ups/unders. In addition, those annoying "In-Vue" ads will never make their way to this site. For those that don't know, "In-Vue" ads are the ads that usually just "float" across your screen, or they have some type of character walk around your screen. In addition, the ads that we will have won't be obtrusive. Furthermore, there will be very very few ads on the message board, in order to increase speed. If you look on the main page, you will see the ads that we have on the site, and it won't increase...

So, as said, this survey doesn't mean more advertisements, it simply means better, more targeted, more revenue making, advertisements.
    Then it seems my concerns were all for nothing. I can't stand adds, especially pop-up adds. I think it would be better to have some sort of fee to view the MBoard and post on it than to ever go that route. At least I'd be willing to go that route, but never the over clogging of adds.

That was my only concern. I still don't want Big Brother knowing a damn thing about me. I'm none of their business.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I too despise any type of FORCED advertising. Even on TV. But thats just me. Some people dont mind giving up personal information anymore cause they've gotten used to it.
    I simply refuse to give out any type of information about myself that is of my person without first the company(s) stating that the information they obtain is covered under the Privacy Act of 1974 and it will not be given to a 3rd party without my written consent. Much like the NFL states about rebroadcasting their games.

But to help out, I did fill it out. However, none of the information was correct about myself. But I'm sure it is correct about someone else.
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

3. -23

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by IceStorm
    I too despise any type of FORCED advertising. Even on TV. But thats just me. Some people dont mind giving up personal information anymore cause they've gotten used to it.
    I simply refuse to give out any type of information about myself that is of my person without first the company(s) stating that the information they obtain is covered under the Privacy Act of 1974 and it will not be given to a 3rd party without my written consent. Much like the NFL states about rebroadcasting their games.

But to help out, I did fill it out. However, none of the information was correct about myself. But I'm sure it is correct about someone else.
    LOL Ice!

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seems like paranoia, did you consider that without giving anyone a name, even if they managed to link your answers to your forum handle, what good is that information to them? They still don't have your name or address.

I guess they could try and trace the information back to your forum handle then determine your IP address, go back to your ISP and gather your personal information from them. I guess that's possible. Seems a little arrogant to think you as an individual would be worth that amount of trouble. (besides they would need assistance from this forum, which has been assured to us, they would not receive)

Now, lets assume they do go through this trouble. What are they going to do with the information? Here are some possibilites:

A) Intent to do harm - I don't think your income bracket is going to deter an assailant.

B) marketing - Great so now instead of you receiving advertisement for items that you MIGHT need, now they advertise stuff more likely you don't

C) It's all a consipiracy to control the masses. By filling out the survey you exposed yourself to subliminal messages that subdue aggression against women in the work place and direct it towards Iraq and Al-Queda

My point is, if you receive any amount of junk mail in your mail box, you have already given potentially much more harmful information away to someone, whom probably have idea who. your efforts and energy seem mis-targeted.

I'm not saying not to be cautious, I'm saying consider your precautions to insure they are sufficient and actually help in the manner you think they do. To beware that your needless paranoia doesn't get in the way of A) supporting a site you visit and post on everyday, and B) other more general details of life you would normally enjoy.

This said... just because your paranoid, does not mean that someone is not after you either...

DISCLAIMER: This post is not meant to cause conflict, but thought.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by plc001

Seems like paranoia, did you consider that without giving anyone a name, even if they managed to link your answers to your forum handle, what good is that information to them? They still don't have your name or address.

I guess they could try and trace the information back to your forum handle then determine your IP address, go back to your ISP and gather your personal information from them. I guess that's possible. Seems a little arrogant to think you as an individual would be worth that amount of trouble. (besides they would need assistance from this forum, which has been assured to us, they would not receive)

Now, lets assume they do go through this trouble. What are they going to do with the information? Here are some possibilites:

A) Intent to do harm - I don't think your income bracket is going to deter an assailant.

B) marketing - Great so now instead of you receiving advertisement for items that you MIGHT need, now they advertise stuff more likely you don't

C) It's all a consipiracy to control the masses. By filling out the survey you exposed yourself to subliminal messages that subdue aggression against women in the work place and direct it towards Iraq and Al-Queda

My point is, if you receive any amount of junk mail in your mail box, you have already given potentially much more harmful information away to someone, whom probably have idea who. your efforts and energy seem mis-targeted.

I'm not saying not to be cautious, I'm saying consider your precautions to insure they are sufficient and actually help in the manner you think they do. To beware that your needless paranoia doesn't get in the way of A) supporting a site you visit and post on everyday, and B) other more general details of life you would normally enjoy.

This said... just because your paranoid, does not mean that someone is not after you either...

DISCLAIMER: This post is not meant to cause conflict, but thought.
    Not true, IP's are logged and if someone wanted to get what they needed they could. Not implying AJ would do that or allow that, but it is possible.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Done. I hope it works out.

Phins Phan
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There ya go AJ, no problemo
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If someone really wanted my info, they would get it. Kind of like when my house got robbed; they wanted in, they got in.

There was no name given, no address given, my IP changes everytime I log on, and I really don't care if they know I make between 30-40k a year. What are they going to do with that information?

I filled it out.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, when you get nice and used to giving out the simple information as such then it won't be so difficult asking you for your social security number. Its just a proven fact that once you're used to something, the next step isn't as difficult.

Its not paranoia, just the fact that no one needs any of my personal information. And yes, they do use it. You say it doesnt matter, but just wait until you're welcoming them into your home and your children's SSN's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jerusalem
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, when you get nice and used to giving out the simple information as such then it won't be so difficult asking you for your social security number. Its just a proven fact that once you're used to something, the next step isn't as difficult.

Its not paranoia, just the fact that no one needs any of my personal information. And yes, they do use it. You say it doesnt matter, but just wait until you're welcoming them into your home and your children's SSN's.
    Ice Storm, no one's twisting your arm and you don't have to succumb to peer pressure, be it real or perceived. If you don't want to reply to the survey, then don't.

Furthermore, no one expects anyone of us to be the paragon of virtue for all humankind. Everyone has his/her idiosyncricacy and is entitled to it as he/she wishes so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's peace and happiness.
    Quote Quote