Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings tougher than they look...

1. -1
    Obsessed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Vikings tougher than they look...

I was just looking at stats on NFL.com and realized that Minnesota has the #1 rushing defense and are higher than us in takeaways also... Not to mention a lower scoring defense also.

By no stretch of the imagination should the guys view this as an easier week! I hope Saban continues to stress that we must play as physical this week as we did against Chicago and KC and every week coming!

Minnesota is very low in passing defense though so Joey may have to put the ball in the air more this week.

I read an article in one of the papers comparing Joey to Jay Fiedler!! Atrocious!! Joey has a MUCH better arm then Fiedler EVER had...

HULKFISH SMASH PUNY AFC EAST!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins D will continue to play lights out, and force Johnson to continue make bad decisions...I dont think they can/would take any team lightly....
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Obsessed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope you are right... We need to continue to get pressure with the front 4, that has been a big adjustment that has helped. We haven't had to blitz as much which of course makes the blitzing more effective.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at 3 and 6 ypu don.t take anyone lightly
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hope moo-moo doesn't think we're gonna pound ronnie 30 times and win this game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as long as moo moo doesnt get all cutsey around the goal line and try to get cheap scores we schould be all right. nick saban please inform mularkee that ronnie brown is a running back he doesnt need to throw touchdowns
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoordinator
    i hope moo-moo doesn't think we're gonna pound ronnie 30 times and win this game.
    We have more of a chance at winning the game if he does....Even though the Vikes run defense is good, our o-line has really stepped up in giving ronnie some good holes...Joey cant seem to hook up on the deep ball just yet, so I think a good mix of short passes, and a healthy dose of ronnie will get the job done...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKFish
    I read an article in one of the papers comparing Joey to Jay Fiedler!! Atrocious!! Joey has a MUCH better arm then Fiedler EVER had...
    Yeah - the better arm really helps at throwing those 5-10 yard passes harder.
    Special Thanks to CrunchTime for the banners
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I was going to say at 3-6 I don't think the players could manage to take any team lightly. We're at the bottom of the league trying to scratch and claw our way up.

I think it's kind of the opposite. The Vikings defense is very good and I thought they kind of ran out to a better record than they actually were. They're 4-5 right now and they deserve to be 4-5. They can't score touchdowns.

This is going to be a lot like the Chiefs game I think. You have to stop Chester Taylor first and foremost, keep a lid on Troy Williamson deep (just challenge the passes, he doesn't catch much in traffic), pressure with the front four (very difficult against their OL), and on offense you have to keep yourself out of pressure situations like we did against Chicago.

The problem is I know Brad Childress and if he feels like the Fins are going to approach him the same way they did KC, he'll spread the field and attack with the passing game far more than on the ground. You knew the Chiefs were still going to keep trying to run the ball and throw it to Tony G...even if you're stopping it. The Vikings will be easier to adapt, so our corners had better be ready.

Getting a lead early will again be a key to this game. Both games we won we got a lead early and maintained it.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Obsessed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead
    Yeah I was going to say at 3-6 I don't think the players could manage to take any team lightly. We're at the bottom of the league trying to scratch and claw our way up.

I think it's kind of the opposite. The Vikings defense is very good and I thought they kind of ran out to a better record than they actually were. They're 4-5 right now and they deserve to be 4-5. They can't score touchdowns.

This is going to be a lot like the Chiefs game I think. You have to stop Chester Taylor first and foremost, keep a lid on Troy Williamson deep (just challenge the passes, he doesn't catch much in traffic), pressure with the front four (very difficult against their OL), and on offense you have to keep yourself out of pressure situations like we did against Chicago.

The problem is I know Brad Childress and if he feels like the Fins are going to approach him the same way they did KC, he'll spread the field and attack with the passing game far more than on the ground. You knew the Chiefs were still going to keep trying to run the ball and throw it to Tony G...even if you're stopping it. The Vikings will be easier to adapt, so our corners had better be ready.

Getting a lead early will again be a key to this game. Both games we won we got a lead early and maintained it.
    All good points as normal ck! I'm sure Saban will be as cerebral in his line of thinking on the game plan. Mularkey has done better the last couple games, hopefully he can use the trickery at the right times as he did against KC. Execution was the problem with the misses though. Ronnie threw a perfect ball to Chambers and it really should've been a push-out. Brad Johnson has good accuracy so we'll need to shake up his timing...
    Quote Quote