Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Now this is interesting

1. -1
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Now this is interesting

Read this on Yahoo this afternoon. I don't know, I may be reading it wrong, but I think this shows just how much the republicans actually lost rather than the democrats winning.

In the poll, more Americans ranked Iraq as the top priority of the new Democratic-controlled Congress, but nearly three out of five say the party has no plan to deal with the war.
    While voters in Election Day surveys said corruption and scandal in Congress were among the most important factors in their vote, the postelection poll indicated 37 percent of all adults said the war in Iraq should be at the top of the congressional agenda during the next two years. Nevertheless, 57 percent of all adults in the AP-Ipsos poll said Democrats do not have a plan for Iraq; 29 percent said they do.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/postelection_ap_poll

AP Poll results
    http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/...ne.pdf&id=3266

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arent we basically splitting hairs at this point? The Dems were definitely helped by the Republicans image and how the war is going, I dont think even the Dems that won deny that. And the way I see it is neither party has a plan for Iraq because no one knows what to do at this point.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonShula84
    Arent we basically splitting hairs at this point? The Dems were definitely helped by the Republicans image and how the war is going, I dont think even the Dems that won deny that. And the way I see it is neither party has a plan for Iraq because no one knows what to do at this point.
    It may be splitting hairs or a matter of semantics, but I've seen elections in the past where the incumbents were doing so poorly of a job and the candidate running against them really didn't have a stated agenda, only smeared the incumbent on his poor performance...and the incumbent lost badly.

Who knows, the American public could've just had the mindset of, "hell, the democrats can't do any worse...give them a shot at it...see if they can't do any better".

I don't know...I'm just guessing. I just think the poll results are intriguing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree it's interesting, and I'd tend to agree that part of it is, hell the dems cant do any worse lets give them a shot. If they dont do anything it will be, hell the dems arent doing anything lets try the reps again, and round and round we go.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Over a third of those who voted did vote against the Republicans and more specifically against Bush rather than for the Democratic. Its the only way congress changes hands these days. It was no different in '94. Ever since they fixed the elections the only way encumbants can be voted out is if there is some great nationwide discontent amongst voters that turns them against the current government.
    Quote Quote