Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins-Jags breakdown

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins-Jags breakdown

Jags offense vs. Dolphins defense

The Jags will want to run the ball alot with their very potent combo of Taylor and Jones. While the Dolphins stop the run well they haven't faced an attack so potent. They should slow the combo but not completely stop them. If the Jags keep it close they can stick with the run and will have more success. Garrard is mobile so the Dolphins will have to keep him in check by containing him in the pocket. he isn't the best passer but has the WRs. the height difference in the match-ups is overwhelmingly in the Jags favor. So the safeties will have to help out in coverage often. the TE Lewis is the X factor, he has enormous size and could go off big time if not accounted for.

Jags defense vs. Dolphins offense

The Jags have a top rush defense and the Dolphins have no Ronnie Brown. sounds like alot of passing to me. Miami just wants to stay away from Mathis, the guy can cover very well and will make Chambers a minimum factor. The absence of Donovan Darris will be big for the Dolphins. without him the middle of the field will be more open for McMichael. He should be a big factor who the Jags will try and take away. Booker is playing well as of late and the ailing DBs of Jacksonville will have trouble with him, Joey should get him the ball often.

Dolphins 17, Jaguars 10
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Land Locked Dolfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can live with that!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Joey can get hot early in the game, and hit some passes, they will loosen up that D and then Morris can hopefully pound the ball and hit some holes and get some decent yards
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Ronnie23Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1

The Jags will want to run the ball alot with their very potent combo of Taylor and Jones. While the Dolphins stop the run well they haven't faced an attack so potent. They should slow the combo but not completely stop them. If the Jags keep it close they can stick with the run and will have more success. Garrard is mobile so the Dolphins will have to keep him in check by containing him in the pocket. he isn't the best passer but has the WRs. the height difference in the match-ups is overwhelmingly in the Jags favor. So the safeties will have to help out in coverage often. the TE Lewis is the X factor, he has enormous size and could go off big time if not accounted for.

The Jags have a top rush defense and the Dolphins have no Ronnie Brown. sounds like alot of passing to me. Miami just wants to stay away from Mathis, the guy can cover very well and will make Chambers a minimum factor. The absence of Donovan Darris will be big for the Dolphins. without him the middle of the field will be more open for McMichael. He should be a big factor who the Jags will try and take away. Booker is playing well as of late and the ailing DBs of Jacksonville will have trouble with him, Joey should get him the ball often.

Dolphins 17, Jaguars 10

The Score sounds Reasonable

sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona/New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hmm, i think the final is going to be:

Dolphins: 20 Jags: 17

i think that we are going to have problems on offense if we cant run the ball, and that looks like its going to be the case in this game. however, i think we can beat them through the air, i think that if Joey can get us 1 TD through the air and have zero turnovers, we'll win. i think the defense will account for a score in this one as well, and we'll win the field position battle allowing us to capitalize on two FG's. i think Jax is going to pound it at us and will probably find the endzone at some point on the ground. it all comes down to turnovers, if we can have zero in this game, we'll win, anything more than that, and we lose. unless Jason Taylor decides to go all Hulk-like and ends up with 4 sacks, 2 FF, a FR, an INT and a TD.
    WELCOME TO MIAMI NIC GRIGSBY!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Doogie Howser

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoCal x 626
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakDolfan
    I can live with that!
    me too. i can go for 21-10 also!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know Jax has a tough Rush D, but I still want to see Sammy pound the rock in there and earn us some ground yardage. I dont want to see Joey out there having to make every first down by himself, that would be a recipe for disaster against this D.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    fan since underoos and tube socks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RVA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This will be a tough game. Jax has 3 giants at wideout that could pose serious issues for our secondary. One Roy Williams was tough to cover until they started to double him. These 3 guys are just as big. Hopefully the Phins can get to Gerrard early and pressure him into bad throws.

I think the the dolphins run game will be ineffective if they just go at the tackles. This may actually be the week when a Mularkey fancy fart play creates some offense. Otherwise, I expect more of the short quick passes with Welker and Booker moving the chains.

My crystal ball says: Phins 17, Jags 14
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Longwood, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1

Dolphins 17, Jaguars 10

I say we'll probably stack the box, and make Gerrard beat us. Which should work out in our favor. It we dont effectively stop the run, we lose. I hate to say it. I think Jax takes it 17-13.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lou

I say we'll probably stack the box, and make Gerrard beat us. Which should work out in our favor. It we dont effectively stop the run, we lose. I hate to say it. I think Jax takes it 17-13.
    Don't underestimate Matt Jones. He can cause some problems in the secondary with his size and hands.
    Quote Quote