Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston Globe expects everyone to ID everybody else

1. -1
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Boston Globe expects everyone to ID everybody else

That's the only conclusion I can draw from this story. They sent reporters to GUATEMALA to find out that the company Governor Mitt Romney hired to do his lawnwork employed illegal aliens. Where exactly is the story? Romney DID ask the company if they employed illegals, they said no. Should Romney have asked each of the workers for a social security card? If a hispanic is checking out his groceries, should he ask for an INS card? What exactly was the error on Romneys part? What should he have done differently? I mean, this couldn't POSSIBLY have been a piece expressly designed for shock value to smear the mans stance against illegals?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/pol...p1=MEWell_Pos5
    - "What do we mean by the defeat of the enemy? Simply the destruction of his forces, whether by death, injury, or any other means -- either completely or enough to make him stop fighting. . . . ."-Carl von Clausewitz-
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know if I was a Republican in a ultra liberal state, with Presidental aspirations, Id check out whoever worked for me. Its a blatant political maneuver and I like Romney but if he was hiring illegals or hiring a company that hires illegals then he should have been more careful. Me, I would still vote for someone I like if this happened to them, Im not sure this has the legs to be a big issue with the voters. If its combined with other stuff maybe.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfansince72
    I dont know if I was a Republican in a ultra liberal state, with Presidental aspirations, Id check out whoever worked for me. Its a blatant political maneuver and I like Romney but if he was hiring illegals or hiring a company that hires illegals then he should have been more careful. Me, I would still vote for someone I like if this happened to them, Im not sure this has the legs to be a big issue with the voters. If its combined with other stuff maybe.
    the globe is the most liberal paper here in boston. i really dont pay much attention to what they report, its usually very slanted to the left, often misleading
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Um...how? He doesn't have the right to check anyones social security card or status. People have to give you permission to check those things. Further, imagine how many people work for companies that he probably works for. Seriously, considering the number of illegals in this country, what person HASN'T dealt with a company that probably has an illegal or two? Heck, anyone living in an apartment or home less than ten years old almost certainly is living in a home built by illegals.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinPhan1227
    Um...how? He doesn't have the right to check anyones social security card or status. People have to give you permission to check those things. Further, imagine how many people work for companies that he probably works for. Seriously, considering the number of illegals in this country, what person HASN'T dealt with a company that probably has an illegal or two? Heck, anyone living in an apartment or home less than ten years old almost certainly is living in a home built by illegals.
    I would think any employer can ask for a social # right? Like I said, this isnt a big issue for me but someone with Presidental aspirations should at the least cover their tracks so they can deny things like this.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anditsgood
    the globe is the most liberal paper here in boston. i really dont pay much attention to what they report, its usually very slanted to the left, often misleading
    reports "usually very slanted to the left"?????... give me a break... are you confusing their editorial page with the rest of the paper? perhaps you prefer the Con rag Boston Herald? Good for gambling, anyway...

the Globe is by far the best paper in new england, and among the best papers in the country... perhaps there are some stories that hurt the right, but the right has hurt themselves... don't blame the reporters, blame the stories for happening...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good go after the guy.

kinda like the ANTIGAY secretly gay republicans...HAHAHAHA.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    you are the nail

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    on shadowfax
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would think any employer can ask for a social # right? Like I said, this isnt a big issue for me but someone with Presidental aspirations should at the least cover their tracks so they can deny things like this.
    well he is hiring someone who hires other people to do his landscaping. in other words, if you own a diner and buy tomato sauce, should you check the SS numbers of the workers in the tomato sauce factory?

that said, i agree that he could have done a better job here
    special thanks to in flames for the avatar and sig

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    well he is hiring someone who hires other people to do his landscaping. in other words, if you own a diner and buy tomato sauce, should you check the SS numbers of the workers in the tomato sauce factory?

that said, i agree that he could have done a better job here
    No, like I said this isnt some make or break issue for me, I really couldnt even really care if he was paying a illegal cash to do his lawn, I might do the samething if the price was right. Im not saying I wouldnt vote for the guy either, just that when the stakes are as high as they are with him its probaly a good idea to be a bit paranoid and double, triple check everything. He probaly just let someone he trusted do this and it bit him, I dont think its a major issue for him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wasn't a Clinton appointee turned down after the Con men got their shirts all untucked over her illegal immigrant hiring past? Lani Gaunier, or something?
    Quote Quote