Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Sports : Whats real and Whats fake.....

1. -1
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sports : Whats real and Whats fake.....

Ok, so we all know wrestling (WWE) is fake (although when I was young I tried to convince people how real it was ).... But there is one sport that bugs me (or at least I think its a sport)....
    The Monster Trucks

What do you think real or fake????

This one has bugged me for quiet a while..... sometimes I think its real and sometimes I think its as fake as wrestling.....My kids love the Monster Trucks and we just had the show this weekend, and Ive got to admit they pump you up...but I question wether its real or fake.....I figured it was fake but now Im having second thoughts, you kn0ow when they got the quad wars in between the Monster Races, usually they have the "home town guys" vs. "the outsiders" and every damn time theyd race theyd have a best out of 3, and the outsiders would win the first 2 and the home guys would win the last one and then theyd have the 2 leaders go at it one on one and of course the home guy would win....but this year they surprised me that the outsiders took it all ...I had even told my wife, I know whos gonna win already, and it didnt happen that way this year.....oh and My favorite Monster truck is Grave Digger, how is it he and Team Meents a.k.a. Maxuimim Destruction (now) always win??? I also figure if it were real wed see it on ESPN..... What do you think? Real or Entertainment? and is there other sports that got you confused? In the End I guess it doesnt matter becuase they are fun to watch....but Its killing me not to know.....
    Last edited by Predaphin; 05-21-2003 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never really thought about it but I am not sure.

I know one thing that is fake for sure after I started watching it for a while in roller derby. Those guys and gals are soooooo funny sometimes. They have there fueds just like the WWE
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh yeah Roller Derby LoL, You can tell its fake....Thats is hilarious the way they put on a show.....
    Last edited by Predaphin; 05-22-2003 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about the Harlem Globetrotters??? Those guys are all about Entertainment IMO, its fake I dont think there are people that would fall for those tricks too much in real life....

However, I was watching a show on ESPN2 called "streetball" there were these guys that call themselves the "And 1" guys, I think theyre suppose to be like the new era Harlem Globetrotters or something....Supposedly its real though, one guy even went for a dunk and broke the rim and the rim landed on his head, he had to get medical attetion cuz he opened up his head and then he went on to say "is that real enough for you?" ....They go on tour from city to city and claim their awsome basketball moves are real, they seem real as well , but at times their opponents look like they dont even put defense on them.....Who knows, you gotta see it, they even have videos out called "And 1"....Real or Fake???
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL! I have seen those guys too. The way I took it is it is just a show and they don't plan on who the winner is but it is no real game or anything. They are just out there for a show and ever who wins wins but one of them said sometimes it gets serious and then the show stops and they actually try to win
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they were really great they'd be in the NBA,correct?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no because they arent NBA type players. they are street players. and a couple of them have been on nba teams before just they were never big. AND 1 is real street ball.

The next big thing!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ScrappyDew
    If they were really great they'd be in the NBA,correct?
    Not necessarily, like Flipper said, these guys are Street players not NBA type.....believe it or not alot of their moves would be NBA violations (lots of traveling) .....
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And1 is a shoe or clothing company.....I think shoe, but I'm sure that it is a company.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by inFINSible
    And1 is a shoe or clothing company.....I think shoe, but I'm sure that it is a company.
    AND1 is a company. They make shoes and clothing, and a bunch of NBA players have deals with AND1 including Kevin Garnett.
    Quote Quote