Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: are we going to have the money to sign big FA?

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanrodney
    I think Mare, Zgonia, Spragen, Kevin Carter, Travis Minor, Jacox, Vickerson, Lehan, and maybe Eddie Jackson will be gone. I think they will keep Booker based on his strong season. I think they will make a vigerous and strong effort to retain Welker, Bell, and David Bowens and probably Holiday also. I think they will go after either Briggs or Cato June aswell as Clemants, adding him and Briggs or June will be a major boost for our defense
    Carter is a tough one. Last year saban said he produces to much and has a lot of strenght to lose which would hurt our team. so its iffy. i guess depends on Roths growth. Vickerson, and Minor wil stay. Minor for ST probably and vickerson is a young guy, a project. booker is a goner. gets 3.5 mill and i believe CC at number 2 can do the same. welker and bell should stay with bowens. holliday i like as well. adding june/briggs/Thomas (scared he is palying just for a big paycheck), and clements would be great.

did you see his tackle this week? body slammed the guy down.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWulF
    clements would be a big big pickup, but i dont see saban paying him. briggs would be awesome. i really hope we draft calvin johnson
    johnson? he is a goner. top 3-4.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    DenverCheesesteak

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's up with Briggs & Clements. We can't get both. I think we draft a CB and sign A. Thomas. He can play SLB for us. Imagine that front 7. JT and AT on the same team!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Booker is a guy we need to keep hopefully he will restructure. I also think we should resign Minor and Carter.
    Brophy 15 - Hamilton 14

Biggest upset in the history of Arizona high school football.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miami234ever
    What's up with Briggs & Clements. We can't get both. I think we draft a CB and sign A. Thomas. He can play SLB for us. Imagine that front 7. JT and AT on the same team!
    why can't we? same way you ugys told me there is no way and it isnt madden to sign 7-8 players this offseason (meaning last one) and we ended up signing what? 11? So plz, keep taht we can't do thsi and that junk to urselves.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    DenverCheesesteak

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7
    why can't we? same way you ugys told me there is no way and it isnt madden to sign 7-8 players this offseason (meaning last one) and we ended up signing what? 11? So plz, keep taht we can't do thsi and that junk to urselves.
    So you really think we can sign the two biggest free agents out there? We're not the redskins man. Yea we signed 11 players last year, but how much did we really pay them? Shelton and Allen probably got the most and they weren't even that much. But ok you can believe that we will get Briggs and Clements. Just don't be mad when we don't get them. There are 31 other teams ya know.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah its no secret that they are the top FA. lol and i woulndt be suprised if thomas briggs clemnts or june go to the redskins. how the heck do they always have money to spend. Could someone explain that to me. i know that there is a salray cap, but is there such thing as "paying under the table" in the nfl. as in a rich owner giving extra money to FA's?
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miami234ever
    So you really think we can sign the two biggest free agents out there? We're not the redskins man. Yea we signed 11 players last year, but how much did we really pay them? Shelton and Allen probably got the most and they weren't even that much. But ok you can believe that we will get Briggs and Clements. Just don't be mad when we don't get them. There are 31 other teams ya know.
    did you forget we pursued brees adn offered him 8.5 mill but he wanted 10 million and we pursued lavar with a 5.5 mill i think it was? he wanted more as well. considering that, i think we have a good chance. dont YOU?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    DenverCheesesteak

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7
    did you forget we pursued brees adn offered him 8.5 mill but he wanted 10 million and we pursued lavar with a 5.5 mill i think it was? he wanted more as well. considering that, i think we have a good chance. dont YOU?
    We weren't pursuing them at the same time though. And did you notice we didn't get either of them?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember guys the first two years Sabens hands were basically tied when it came to signing top notch free agents. The only reason were able to get a couple of okay free agents last year was because of the increase in salary cap thanks to the bargaing agrrement. This will be Saben's first year too go after the guys he really wants. Since we will be one of the teams thats in the best shape capwise, it is not unreasoonable to expect the Dolphins to sign a couple of top free agents. When it comes down to signing these guys the bottom line is which team can offer the most money. And this year I think Miami will be in great shape to do that.
    Quote Quote