Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: we CAN'T keep changing offensive coordinators

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with this thread. I say we keep Mularkey for one more year, see what he does with better talent and then make our decision. If he doesnt work out we can probably get Linehan back because he'll probably be out of a job after 2007
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I no longer have a problem with Mularky because Saban has taken over the reigns of some rediculous calls IMO.

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malzj
    We either keep Mularkey or promote from within. We'll see what's going on... maybe Saban is demanding a certain philosophy and MM isn't going along with it some of the time. If not, he'll be gone. I think Saban can put pressure on him to make better calls or to be more balanced. I've noticed alot less trickery. We may begin to see it again soon.

And Jason Garret will be that man if this happens IMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins=LIFE
    Mularkey is no longer the problem. He has adapted to what he has, and the team is WINNING. That's all that matters.
    I think the playcalling has improved since the first 6 or 7 weeks of the year as Mularkey is more familiar with not only the personnel but knowing what to do to account for injuries and how to mask weaknesses with effective play calling.

Having said I still maintain he gives up on the run too early in contests. He still occasionally tries to outsmart himself, although he is getting better at not calling bag o' trick plays just for the sake of being too slick for his own good and that of the team. He like other coordinators can get predictable once they reach a certain comfort zone with the abilities of certain players. For instance the short sideline passs one line beyond line of scrimmage to Welker on the right side was stopped in its tracks last week as it has been for at least the previous two weeks. And it appears to be thrown always on 1st down. That is just a small example of needing to know how to put your third receiver in better position to achieve maximium efficiency instead of playing in the hands of the defense.

The need for continuity will probably keep him here. But this fan here is just not sold on Mularkey. It absolutely sucks changing coordinators year end and year out. But if Mularkey fails hindsight will offer much clarity if after '07 or '08 we are still complaining about play calling that keeps this offense mediocre. If there is a proven coordinator available who fits Saban overal plan and goals for this offense he needs to strongly consider changing coordinators.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Don't touch the nipple Focker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that it is far better for the team if we have some continuity at the OC position. However, let's not fool ourselves into thinking that we have won the 6 games to date because of our offense. The defense has done the lions share of the work to date.
    This space is reserved for comment after the Draft. At that point, hope will begin.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't change offensive coordinators every year? Thank goodness the Saints didn't follow that logic!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only reason it seems like Mularkey's play calling has been better is because he has a quarterback in now who can run this god awful offensive scheme. It suits Joey Harrington much better because everything is short passes ( Which is the only thing JH can effectively complete). If any of you have been to a game at Dolphin stadium this year you could see that the guy has a damn noodle for an arm. Anything over 15 yards practically floats to the recievers.

I think if Saban plans on bringing Culpepper back next year to start then we will see an OC change. Because DC has a rocket for an arm and can air it out there at will, and Mularkey just doesn't call those plays. I'm a big Culpepper supporter and hope he starts next year because in no way do I think JH is a starting caliber qb. But at the same time if Mularkey is brought back for another year, I would rather have JH as our QB. He just fits better with Mularkeys system.

In all I think Saban may make a huge mistake this offseason. He's probably going to bring back MM and DC will most likely be our starter. And unless Mularkey dramatically changes his play calling to fit our QB, then we will be in for another long start to the season before Saban decides to pull the plug on MM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    malarkey has to go. we should have beaten buffalo the first time, malarkey should have summoned up all the dirty tricks that he had personal access to, and beaten the bills like never before. that has to tell you something. how will this week's game be? even if we win, we are still only 50/50 on the year with the bills. unacceptable, given that malarkey was in charge of that whole team.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mularky has improved dramatically, he also has adapted to his player's skills. That said, he should adapt well to Daunte going downfield next season when he becomes the starter again. Mularky should stay. Gotta change my sig.

We have all the answers on FinHeaven, I just don't have a clue what the question is.

Wherever Parcells has gone, I've followed and cheered that team, now he came to my beloved Dolphins. I must be in FinHEAVEN!

Thanks and Kudos to Crunchtime for the cool sig banners.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsOurTime32
    have u seen this team after the bye week? after we got used to the offensive system?

truth is you won't win it all with a mediocre quarterback/offensive coordinator.
    the truth is also that you won't win it all with new schemes for players to learn every year

mularkey has to stay the next two years
    You mean after Saban told him to cut the crap and this is what he wanted?
    Time To Ski

Quote Quote