Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: wonderful take on yesterdays game

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami/pittsburgh
    Thanks / No Thanks

wonderful take on yesterdays game

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/re...meId=261210015

This game was dominated by Miami, which shut out the Patriots for the first time since 2003. Miami pressured quarterback Tom Brady into a subpar day (four sacks, 78 yards passing) and several errant passes. Both New England tackles had a tough time blocking the Dolphins' defensive ends, especially Jason Taylor (above). Miami used a good balance of run (31) and pass (30) to keep the Patriots' defense off-balance. The Dolphins' defense forced three fumbles and an effective kicking game gave Miami good field position.

rest of all the recap in the link
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Enter at your own risk...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [quote=ItsOurTime32]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/re...meId=261210015

This game was dominated by Miami, which shut out the Patriots for the first time since 2003. Miami pressured quarterback Tom Brady into a subpar day (four sacks, 78 yards passing) and several errant passes. Both New England tackles had a tough time blocking the Dolphins' defensive ends, especially Jason Taylor (above). Miami used a good balance of run (31) and pass (30) to keep the Patriots' defense off-balance. The Dolphins' defense forced three fumbles and an effective kicking game gave Miami good field position.

I didnt realize that we had so much balance on offense first time all year...That is a huge key when you play good teams like the Patriots...Probally the reason we won...
    Say No to 1st Round RBs!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    King of the Wild Frontier

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WISfinfan13
    I didnt realize that we had so much balance on offense first time all year...That is a huge key when you play good teams like the Patriots...Probally the reason we won...
    We ran a lot once we had a decent sized lead, so it technically wasn't as balanced as it's made to appear.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gee, I sure haven't heard a lot of whining about MM lately. Infact in that article it said we used a nice balance of run and pass. What's been the difference??? The players not making mistakes and giving the games away, plain and simple.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bottom Line is that since the Johnson days .... our blueprint for success has been, balanced - run first, mistake free offense combined with a fast defense .... the only transition under Saban is the style of defense [big, tough], but the underlying blueprint is still the same [hence, why we still spend more draft picks on the defense side].

Johnson couldn't achieve that consistently due to the RBs .... that's why Wanny went and got Ricky .... now we all know where that led us ... too bad, because Ricky 'could' have easily been the best RB ever to wear a PHIN uniform

What has been holding this team back for more than a few years is QB ... plain and simple .... Dan in his later years could not facilitate a running game, Fiedler was limited, but a gamer ... and the rest weren't around long enough to give any credit to ...

Yes, we haven't had a 'great' OL in more than 10 years ... maybe even longer than that ... [back to the Stephenson shortened era] ... but Fiedler, Dan and Ricky made 'serviceable' lines work ...

I also believe that that's exactly what we will do again next year ... add 1 maybe 2 lineman to the group [LT & C] ... but at least 3 will come from in house ... Carey and 2 others ... out of Fonoti, Shelton, Alabi, Hadnot, Toledo and McKinney ... McIntosh could stay on as a back-up at T, dependent upon Alabi ... but James and Anderson are certain goners ...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Worth, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I loved the run/pass balance, kept Pats off balance and ate up the clock when we needed it. Props to Mularky, might even have to change my sig again.

We have all the answers on FinHeaven, I just don't have a clue what the question is.

Wherever Parcells has gone, I've followed and cheered that team, now he came to my beloved Dolphins. I must be in FinHEAVEN!

Thanks and Kudos to Crunchtime for the cool sig banners.

Quote Quote