Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Im starting to believe this "no respect" thing

1. -1
    Supreme Lord Emperor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Im starting to believe this "no respect" thing

Ive scoured the internet, looked over every inch of sports illustrated.com, and the only real thing I can find about Miami's play on Sunday on a national level is junk about how the Patriots aren't contenders anymore and how they blew it. Nothing about how dominating our defense was, or how our offense came back in the second quarter. Nothing about how we've won 5 out of 6 recently.

All I've seen is rumors about Saban leaving. That's pretty much it.

If anyone's found any decent article not written by the suntimes, herald or PBP that actually talk about how great we've been playing lately, please respond and let me know. Maybe I'm not seeing them, but if after a 21-0 shutout against "The Dynasty" isnt enough to get press coverage, I don't know what is.

Maybe if we did it completely on fire. And jumping through hoola hoops.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wrong Forum.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know it gets me upset to but most of the people that are writing that NE blew didn't see the game and are just going by score and stats but Mark Schlereth did say that we dominated NE.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palatka Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by testtubetimmy
    Ive scoured the internet, looked over every inch of sports illustrated.com, and the only real thing I can find about Miami's play on Sunday on a national level is junk about how the Patriots aren't contenders anymore and how they blew it. Nothing about how dominating our defense was, or how our offense came back in the second quarter. Nothing about how we've won 5 out of 6 recently.

All I've seen is rumors about Saban leaving. That's pretty much it.

If anyone's found any decent article not written by the suntimes, herald or PBP that actually talk about how great we've been playing lately, please respond and let me know. Maybe I'm not seeing them, but if after a 21-0 shutout against "The Dynasty" isnt enough to get press coverage, I don't know what is.

Maybe if we did it completely on fire. And jumping through hoola hoops.
    I've known this since the undefeated season. King of the sports media then was Sports Illustrated. The Miami Dolphins, owned the NFL that year and 73. Yet they only received around five paragraphs after dominating the Redskins in the Superbowl Edition. I stopped my subscription and haven't pick one up since then.

There is a lot of resentment toward an upstart team such as the Dolphins, (from the Northeastern Media) to only in its fourth year of existence make it to the Superbowl. Then, god forbid, go undefeated the next season and cap off the run of three straight Superbowls in 73 with another win.
    I never had any large respect for good spelling. That is my feeling yet. Before the spelling-book came with its arbitrary forms, men unconsciously revealed shades of their characters and also added enlightening shades of expression to what they wrote by their spelling, and so it is possible that the spelling-book has been a doubtful benevolence to us.
    - Mark Twain's Autobiography
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    We're the Fanchise

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vermont
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yadda Yadda

Face it, we're about as far south as we can get. Writers are lazy and want to talk about teams closer to them or in bigger markets. Boston is close to New York is close to Washington is close to Baltimore is close to Philidelphia.

It doesn't matter because the game is played. Frankly it doesn't matter that we beat (and I mean BEAT) New England, because we have to beat the Bills. Winning by a point will be fine with me.
    Hugh
    Quote Quote