Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We have to start drafting QBs

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

We have to start drafting QBs

The round doesn't matter. I think its imperative we begin to draft QBs in every draft. I haven't heard much about it anymore. Seems like after we fell out of the Brady Quinn/Troy Smith sweepstakes the chatter stopped. It's crucial to have constant competition, especially fresh, young competition at the most integral position on a team year in and year out. And this has no bearing on JH or DC. Even if drafted in the first round the youngster could sit behind the pair, although I wouldn't be in favor of wasting a 1st round pick on a 3rd string QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolphins fan since 2002

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it Saban should draft like this

1st- 3rd Round- O-line
    4th-backup kicker if mare chockes
    5th- Maybe a CB
    6th- QB, Hope we can get the next Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins Own
    I think it Saban should draft like this

1st- 3rd Round- O-line
    4th-backup kicker if mare chockes
    5th- Maybe a CB
    6th- QB, Hope we can get the next Marino
    We need a stud veteran Olineman out of FA and another stud in the first day of the draft. I doubt Saban is going to draft 3 Olinemen back to back to back and I wouldn't much be in favor of it either. But yes, main point, pick up a QB somewhere along the lines.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plantation
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, imo, round 4-a killer linebacker or lightning fast wide reciever. A kicker can be had without giving up a draftchoice or just keep Olindo. He's doing better and maybe he'll restructure. I like o-line as the #1 priority. Imagine 2 new monsters for Houck to groom into superior players. Left tackle and Right Guard maybe. Culpepper returns to 100% form, Ricky comes back to reform the amazing Ricky and Ronnie backfield again. With our top 3 in the NFL defense and an offense with all the right new pieces added we'll be very hard to beat. I'm looking forward to being an elite team next year. It will happen.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    the top gun of all fin fans

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    okla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes we do need to draft a qb . now two more years my boy bobby reid will be coming out and he is a very good qb and he is alot like donnovan mcnabb. but we could use the following.
    we should draft a olineman, olb, wr , te, rb, dt and safety, we can get a kicker in f/a and we can get a olineman in f/a but i would prioritize our needs like this.
    priority 1 oline
    priority 2 olb
    priority 3 wr
    priority 4 dt
    priority 5 te
    priority 6 rb
    priority 7 olb or de
    priority 8 qb
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Channing + Tom + Jason = SQUISH!!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for the dolphins the most imortant need is o-line and 2ndary we need a replacement for micontoge he averages mor than 5yds of penalties a game:thewave:
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a perfect world, yes, we should be drafting an OL in round 1 of the draft.

But seriously, would you really draft a second or third round quality player in the first round just because our o-line needs attention, when there are other, better players to take with our first selection.......I DONT THINK SO.

I think it comes down to a list of 8-10 players incl. OL, DE, LB, S, CB, and we take whoever the coaches feel is the best available when it's our turn to pick.

We dont need a QB in the first round.....we have other needs at the moment.
    http://static.keebali.com/finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic19862_2.gif
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a perfect world, yes, we should be drafting and OL in round 1 of the draft.

But seriously, would you really draft a second or third round quality player in the first round just because out o-line needs attention, when there are other, better players to take with our first selection.......I DONT THINK SO.

I think it comes down to a list of 8-10 players incl. OL, LB, DE, S, CB, and we take whoever the coaches feel is the best available when it's our turn to pick.

We dont need a QB in the first round.....we have other needs at the moment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. We absolutely need to draft a QB every year. You never know when you'll hit on a great one. I read recently that we have drafted only 3 QBs in the past 16 drafts. Unbelievable. No wonder we have been horrible at the position since Marino retired. The most notable QB of the 3 we have drafted was Josh Heupel. (Oh boy).
    After we have successfully hit on a good starting QB, we should still draft one every other season in preparation for seasons down the road, to solidify the back up role, to groon a future starter, and to build possible trade bait.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    You Know Me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvJuMiami
    We need a stud veteran Olineman out of FA and another stud in the first day of the draft. I doubt Saban is going to draft 3 Olinemen back to back to back and I wouldn't much be in favor of it either. But yes, main point, pick up a QB somewhere along the lines.
    he drafted jason allen last year....
    Quote Quote