Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Ralph Wilson Further Upset by NFL

  1. -1
    Squish_The_Fish's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    56
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Ralph Wilson Further Upset by NFL

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2700713

    you can watch the itnerview here:
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=43424

    Click the video top-right.

    Soooo, are Mr. Wilson and Mr. Brown (Bengals owner) right, the new CBA hurts small market teams, or is the old-man just crazy.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Mike13's Avatar
    I am a golden god

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,806
    vCash:
    10053
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The old man is off his meds.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    46
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's absolutely right.

    The new CBA is going to drive teams like Buffalo, Detroit, Cincinnati, Jacksonville and Oakland out of town eventually if it becomes the long-term model for how NFL revenue is distributed.

    The Bills are the most fragile team at the moment, because they come from an economically depressed area whose corporate community is at significant risk now. They have competition from Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati for fans and their name brand value is lower by far than the Steelers and the Browns, both of whom have relatively new and modern facilities.

    The X-factor in a franchise like the Bills survivability is how much they are a business and how much they are a family concern run in cooperation with the community. Ralph Wilson is a Buffalo man through and through. He'd never move the Bills. His heirs and assigns would get maybe a million dollars a year in revenue out of operating the Bills in Buffalo or $180 million dollars up front for selling the team in Buffalo, or $500 million for selling the team to LA.

    Which option do you think they are going to pick when the old man gos?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    retired opfinistic's Avatar
    幸灾乐祸

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    3,623
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Up Yours
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Br4dw4y5ux View Post
    He's absolutely right.

    The new CBA is going to drive teams like Buffalo, Detroit, Cincinnati, Jacksonville and Oakland out of town eventually if it becomes the long-term model for how NFL revenue is distributed.

    The Bills are the most fragile team at the moment, because they come from an economically depressed area whose corporate community is at significant risk now. They have competition from Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincinnati for fans and their name brand value is lower by far than the Steelers and the Browns, both of whom have relatively new and modern facilities.

    The X-factor in a franchise like the Bills survivability is how much they are a business and how much they are a family concern run in cooperation with the community. Ralph Wilson is a Buffalo man through and through. He'd never move the Bills. His heirs and assigns would get maybe a million dollars a year in revenue out of operating the Bills in Buffalo or $180 million dollars up front for selling the team in Buffalo, or $500 million for selling the team to LA.

    Which option do you think they are going to pick when the old man gos?
    Selling the team to LA would suck for the City of Buffalo, the city needs the Bills! I hate the team and its fans (in a harmless rivalry manner) but would hate to see the devastation a move would cause. I picture what would happen if the Fins left town........
    Retired Opfinistic
    FH Member 2005 -2009
    Dolfan fan since 1970
    Retired on 7/1/08
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    46
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by opfinistic View Post
    Selling the team to LA would suck for the City of Buffalo, the city needs the Bills! I hate the team and its fans (in a harmless rivalry manner) but would hate to see the devastation a move would cause. I picture what would happen if the Fins left town........
    For now the Dolpins are safe due to their high name brand value for marketing and for their ability to tap a sizeable south Florida tourist market for extra revenue.

    Buffalo is just waiting for the blow to fall.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    GoBills24's Avatar
    Fistfull of Steel...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2006
    Posts:
    815
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Br4dw4y5ux View Post
    For now the Dolpins are safe due to their high name brand value for marketing and for their ability to tap a sizeable south Florida tourist market for extra revenue.

    Buffalo is just waiting for the blow to fall.
    A guy named Tom Golisano might have something to say about that.

    And he's got the deep pockets to do the talking.
    "Everybody has talent, but not everyone has the gift. Marshawn has the gift"


    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Justasportsfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    9,604
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bump
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ralph Wilsonís Daughter Passes
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
  2. Ralph Wilson...LOL
    By TooDrkPark in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 09:53 PM
  3. Ralph Wilson...LOL
    By TooDrkPark in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM
  4. Ralph Wilson's first choice was Miami
    By JPhinfan86 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 10:09 PM
  5. Ralph Wilson...............
    By MoFinz in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 05:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •