Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

1. -1
    Don't touch the nipple Focker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks

I need an answer! WHAT IS WITH THE DROPS?

The drops caused me to break two remote controls yesterday. What is the deal? McMichael dropped two that were right in his hands. Bokker and Chambers both dropped a couple. Morris dropped at least one and so did Welker.

DO NOT TELL ME IT WAS RAINING! They practice in the rain and wind all summer. Don't tell me it's all Herrington either (the drops that is). He sucked yesterday no doubt but he did throw a lot of dropped balls too and that is the fault of the receivers!

I mean why do they drop the ball? Why? I need to know!
    This space is reserved for comment after the Draft. At that point, hope will begin.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We pay them MILLIONS of DOLLARS to CATCH THE BALL!!!! What more incentive do they need?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    With stolen wings and evil ways

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS DEEP
    We pay them MILLIONS of DOLLARS to CATCH THE BALL!!!! What more incentive do they need?
    I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Go G-Men!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philth-a-delphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dropped passes has been a complaint of mine all season, regardless of who the qb is. No Joey was not perfect yesterday, far from it, but he would have had better numbers if the WRs could catch the ball. I've also said before that I think its coaching. Not Saban, but the WR coach, whatever his name is. He's obviously not helping the situation.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock[B
    ]I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.
    I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/B]
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There was one drop by Randy McMichael that REALLY, REALLY pissed me off. He was looking towards the ball the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of it. It was thrown accurately, and it skids off his hand.

These players like to BODY CATCH the ball. They don't use their hands. As a matter of fact, the best hands in this team is our franchise running back, Ronnie Brown.

I noticed that Derek Hagan likes to catch with his hands, but just like every rookie, he's dropping the ball a lot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Go G-Men!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philth-a-delphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit
    There was one drop by Randy McMichael that REALLY, REALLY pissed me off. He was looking towards the ball the entire time. He didn't take his eyes off of it. It was thrown accurately, and it skids off his hand.

These players like to BODY CATCH the ball. They don't use their hands. As a matter of fact, the best hands in this team is our franchise running back, Ronnie Brown.

I noticed that Derek Hagan likes to catch with his hands, but just like every rookie, he's dropping the ball a lot.
    Which is why, I don't hold him to the same standards as the rest of the receiving corps. Probably rookie jitters. Next year though, no excuses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS DEEP
    I would however take immense joy in firing the WR coach whoever it is. I'd fire him and then call him and apologize and ask him to come back and give him a raise. I'd wait until he had unpacked all of his boxes into his new office and gotten comfortable. I'd take him out and buy him a beer and apologize again. Then the next day when he thinks we're buddies, I'D FIRE HIM AGAIN! The receivers seem to not know how to catch the ball! Now I'm no expert, but I think I remember reading somewhere that a WR needs to know how to catch. And that's not just catch in yummy little 70 degrees no wind sun shining conditions. It's also in terrible windy, rainy, snowy, potentially magma spouting volcano fields![/b]
    Holy...tears....can't see
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock
    I'm not sure what exactly our WR coach is doing, but he's doing it wrong.
    If our WR coach needs to teach his players how to CATCH then we have a much bigger problem on our hands, with our hands, or lack thereof.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvJuMiami
    If our WR coach needs to teach his players how to CATCH then we have a much bigger problem on our hands, with our hands, or lack thereof.
    What else does a WR coach do?

Why do teams employ position coaches?
    Quote Quote