Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Which Free agent are we most likely to sign

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • eric steinbach

6 12.24%
  • Kris Dielman

3 6.12%
  • Nate Clements

11 22.45%
  • Asanti Samuel

6 12.24%
  • Lance Briggs

11 22.45%
  • Adalius Thomas

12 24.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offseason 2007- BigTime Free agents

1. -1
    Section 238 row 6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    boca raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Offseason 2007- BigTime Free agents

Last offseason we signed a bunch of middle to low tier free agents to fill up depth in our secondary and linebacking core. We did not win the lavar arrington sweepstakes or Drew Brees forcing us to trade our valuable draft pics away.

This offseason how realistic do you fin fans think it is that we will be able to sign one of the following?

oline: eric steinbach- cincinatti, kris dielman- san diego (both are guards)

Cb: Nate Clements- Buffalo, Asanti Samuel- New England

LB: Adalius Thomas- Baltimore, Lance Briggs- Chicago

these are my BIG 6. All of them fill a major need and all are relatively young. If we can grab one of these top of the line free agents, we can adress positions that we are weak at and that are thin in this years free agent pool....DT (branch anyone), LT, WR. There are some decent de free agents in kerney, grant, and justin smith but honestly none are worth the big bucks they will be given this offseason.

-Some think Briggs will be franchised
    -Nate Clements is gone and was promised this by the Buffalo organization after signing a 1 year deal last year
    -Adalius Thomas also should be gone b/c the ravens already are paying big money to ed reed, ray lewis, and soon to terrel suggs. they think he is a product of their system.
    -samuel is a question mark, you never know with the pats.
    -we have a pretty good shot of landing dielman over steinbach.

SO What do you guys think? Will we finally pick up our family jewels and sign a big name free agent that fills a major need or are we going to continue to sign crappy middle tier players that will force us to fire saban in a couple years?? You make the call
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    THT - Two Hand Tony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to get A. Samuel, but I believe our secondary is small enough as it is. We need some size back there.

EDIT: Didnt see the poll initially. Voted for Briggs
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tulancingo, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A.Thomas hands down

Edit: I didn't read the question, Thomas is who I want but it's not gonna happen
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I'm the Man in the Box

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    something like 90% off all pro-bowlers achieve that distinction with the team that originally drafted them...
    Formerly HDjetta6316
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Culpepper likes to hold on to the ball and let plays develop, not to mention that keeping him off the turf may be the best way to keep the guy healthy(if he ever gets there). The Oline, as much as they've come along, should be first and foremost on the upgrade list.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ronnie23Brown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dolphins Stadium/Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nate Clements

sig by In_Flames
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    University of Arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clements and whoever ends up being the top O-lineman in free agency. Then target OL, WR, and LB in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would get A. Thomas hands down. They also said Adewale was a product of being across from jason taylor, but he has faired well in chicago. He would be with zach and channing anywayz so he still has good players around him. I would like to get an o lineman though... but i was hoping more for a left tackle than a guard.
    ManBearPig, its half man, half bear and half pig.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I certainly wouldn't mind if we got Adalius Thomas...

...but I would be all over Dielman like white on rice if the Chargers didn't manage to get him back in the fold. He's like the next Brian Waters.

He learned as a backup under Hudson Houck, became a very good starter in 2005, and has been awesome this year.

I think what we really need is to reunite Hadnot and Carey at RG & RT, we need to get a Dielman to play LG, and we need to find a C and LT. We may even consider bringing back McKinney at C...he did alright in 2005. I know he's as exciting as a french art film but he gets the job done there and he's cheap.

And LT is a conundrum that I'll never know how to answer. To draft or not to draft. Oh the dilemma.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InSabanWeTrust1 View Post
    Last offseason we signed a bunch of middle to low tier free agents to fill up depth in our secondary and linebacking core. We did not win the lavar arrington sweepstakes or Drew Brees forcing us to trade our valuable draft pics away.

This offseason how realistic do you fin fans think it is that we will be able to sign one of the following?

oline: eric steinbach- cincinatti, kris dielman- san diego (both are guards)

Cb: Nate Clements- Buffalo, Asanti Samuel- New England

LB: Adalius Thomas- Baltimore, Lance Briggs- Chicago

these are my BIG 6. All of them fill a major need and all are relatively young. If we can grab one of these top of the line free agents, we can adress positions that we are weak at and that are thin in this years free agent pool....DT (branch anyone), LT, WR. There are some decent de free agents in kerney, grant, and justin smith but honestly none are worth the big bucks they will be given this offseason.

-Some think Briggs will be franchised
    -Nate Clements is gone and was promised this by the Buffalo organization after signing a 1 year deal last year
    -Adalius Thomas also should be gone b/c the ravens already are paying big money to ed reed, ray lewis, and soon to terrel suggs. they think he is a product of their system.
    -samuel is a question mark, you never know with the pats.
    -we have a pretty good shot of landing dielman over steinbach.

SO What do you guys think? Will we finally pick up our family jewels and sign a big name free agent that fills a major need or are we going to continue to sign crappy middle tier players that will force us to fire saban in a couple years?? You make the call
    Dielman fits in our OL
    Quote Quote