Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: questions about salary cap/FA

1. -11
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chada456 View Post
    ooo ok thanx but no "non-expert" knows anything pertaining to the possibility of getting one high-priced free agent?
    We have the money and the room to get a high priced free agent, but we also need to sign a lot of people for depth. In 2-3 years, we will be done with Jt and ZT's contract so if we sign a high priced FA, we can structure the contract to manipulate where we take the cap hit.

We have no Dline depth, no Oline depth, need LBers, a #1 WR, and help in the secondary so although we do have cap space, a lot of it will be used to sign those players.
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chada456 View Post
    This offseason there are free agents that can improve our OL, LB , and CB positions. I remember last year wanting Julian Peterson or Lavar Arrington but not getting either one bc more money was offered (I believe?). I am sure there are other teams willing to spend a lot of money, so my question is, do we have the money to throw out a huge contract to one (or more than one, but thats probably pushing it) of these high priced players. Where do we stand on the salary cap issue?Anybody with information...
    Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs- one of these playmakers on our Defense would be insane. Dont know the names of the OL, but are any of them worth the money? Or better of getting one in the draft?
    Right now, we are standing on $17mil. But we also will clear $3.1mil by cutting Booker, $4mil by cutting Carter before 3/1, $2mil by cutting Harrington, $2mil by cutting Anderson, and $2mil by cutting James before 3/1 or after 6/1...

Mckinney would clear $4mil but I think we will restructure his contract and clear some of that but keep him.

Thomas will clear anywhere up to $6mil by restructuring his contract and Taylor and Chambers can clear some as well...

We "will" have around $30mil to spend.

Steinbach and Clements should be our main "expensive" players to pursue...with Curtis the WR we should pursue to replace Booker.

If Curtis doesnt sign with us, we should trade a 2nd round pick to OAK for Randy Moss

Then, we can focus the draft on NT, OLB, and depth...:wink:
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    If Curtis doesnt sign with us, we should trade a 2nd round pick to OAK for Randy Moss
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. This draft is pretty deep at WR and Moss isnt worth a first day pick.....
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    hamilton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade Booker and a 3rd for Moss rather then cutting him or even just a third for Moss but not a second!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont know i hate moss but him and c-pep together with chambers on the other side has got to scare people. if we are going to draft a WR with one of the first 3 picks i would rather waste it to get moss
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Thank you #54...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Burnaby, B.C., Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why should we trade a second round pick, in the deepest WR draft in years for an expensive malcontent who is aging very fast?

That would be a HORRIBLE deal. Moss could get straight up cut in the offseason, trading a 2nd for the guy is absurd.

This team is not in any position to be trading draft picks for veteran players.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now, we are standing on $17mil. But we also will clear $3.1mil by cutting Booker, $4mil by cutting Carter before 3/1, $2mil by cutting Harrington, $2mil by cutting Anderson, and $2mil by cutting James before 3/1 or after 6/1...

Mckinney would clear $4mil but I think we will restructure his contract and clear some of that but keep him.

Thomas will clear anywhere up to $6mil by restructuring his contract and Taylor and Chambers can clear some as well...

We "will" have around $30mil to spend.

Steinbach and Clements should be our main "expensive" players to pursue...with Curtis the WR we should pursue to replace Booker.

Then, we can focus the draft on NT, OLB, and depth...:wink:

i like the way that sounds but we have to cut mckinney.... he sucks and he is not worth the 4 mill.... i would like to keep carter.... ol but good and stays healthy. we should also cut zgonina
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    does anyone have a full list of this years FA?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSuck456 View Post
    Dodn't Briggs say he would like to come here? Or was that just a rumor?
    Sorry
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Sorry
    What?