Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JT retirement vs. Ricky Retirement

1. -11
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RW retires, there is little if no cap implication because Miami never gave him any signing bonus money...........

JT retires, all remaining amortization falls into league year of retirement.......
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy View Post
    JT retires, all remaining amortization falls into league year of retirement.......
    Unless he retires after June 1st.

(ii) Acceleration.
    (2) For any player removed from the Team’s roster or whose Contract is assigned via waivers or trade after June 1, except in the Final Capped Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be
    included fully in Team Salary at the start of the next League Year.
    1. $6.059 million of accelerated signing bonus on or before 6/01

2. $ 2.020 after 6/01/07 and the remainder in 2008.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can he be fall under the new rule that allows a team to designate a player as a "post June 1st" release?........he retires before 6/1 but his amortization is handled as if he retired after 6/1..........each team can use this designation twice per year
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not sure if this new rule applies for retirement. This section speaks of termination not retirement or being removed from the roster.

The other problem is I think there are rules regarding retirement procedures that may or may not conflict. I have never found any of the retirement rules in the CBA that the media stated was required of Ricky Williams. One example is a formal required request of retirement and that there was no retirement until the required documentation was filed. There is also no exhibit of a retirement document as there are for all the documents required by the CBA.

If there is nothing to the contrary there should be no reason that a retirement should not be treated under the new rule.

(ii) Acceleration.

(1) For any player removed from the Team’s roster, or whose Contract is assigned to another Club via waivers or trade, on or before June 1 in any League Year prior to the Final Capped Year, or at any time during the Final Capped Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts will be included in Team Salary for such League Year,

except that for each League Year preceding the Final Capped Year, each Club may designate up to two Player Contracts that, if terminated on or prior to June 1 and if not renegotiated after the last regular season game of the prior League Year, shall be treated (except to the extent prescribed by Section 7(d)(iii)below) as if terminated on June 2, i.e.,

the Salary Cap charge for each such contract will remain in the Club’s Team Salary until June 2, at which time its Paragraph 5 Salary and any unearned LTBE incentives will no longer be counted and any unamortized signing bonus will be treated as set forth in Subsection (2) below.

If acceleration puts a Team over the Salary Cap, the Team will have seven days to conform with the Salary Cap, but may not sign any players until there is Room to do so under the Salary Cap.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Section 211

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox13 View Post
    Let me see if i can put this in terms you'll understand I payed you in full to suck all the poo out of my septic tank. you only sucked up half the poo. therefore you did not fulfill your end of the agreement either pay me half the money back? Or finish sucking!!!:eek:

That's one way of putting it....
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    JT isn't retiring.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote