Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Radio play by play

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami Radio play by play

Mandage will forever be a classic, and i miss Bill Zinfer, any of you miss that guy...I thought he was great

With Howard David, i feel like we have Westwood-one doing our local games lol, hes that good, got a voice thats incredible, not only did he eliminate zinfer, he also took control of the morning show on 560, hes just got that great of a voice....
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Miami Radio play by play

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
    Mandage will forever be a classic, and i miss Bill Zinfer, any of you miss that guy...I thought he was great

With Howard David, i feel like we have Westwood-one doing our local games lol, hes that good, got a voice thats incredible, not only did he eliminate zinfer, he also took control of the morning show on 560, hes just got that great of a voice....
    Haha check it out! Howard David Sux IMO!!

Did anyone know that when the Dolphins play home games this putz brings members of his family, who all sport NY JETS JERSEYS?

Yeah that may not make a difference, but he has been replaced in the morning by none other than Scotty Ferrell!

Off the top of my head I can't remember what time they gave David for his show, but I do know that he now has 21 months left on his contract at WQAM and they are counting the days. They gave him a different time slot in hopes of him bowing out.

His football broadcasts are ok, but man his radio show is so so so boring! I'd rather listen to Neal Rogers

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    neil rogers-god

I grew up listening to him , i would record his bits on cassette lol

i still have those somewhere....
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny you mention Neil Rodgers being God. That would mean Neil wouldn't belive that he himself existed.

I think Howard's a better play-by-play guy than Zimpfer. Great voice. But Bill was a homer. And Howard gets away from Phins-talk every so often during telecasts. Doesn't make a difference to me. But some fans don't like it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Muck
    Funny you mention Neil Rodgers being God. That would mean Neil wouldn't belive that he himself existed.

I think Howard's a better play-by-play guy than Zimpfer. Great voice. But Bill was a homer. And Howard gets away from Phins-talk every so often during telecasts. Doesn't make a difference to me. But some fans don't like it.
    Howard David has a great radio voice, but I look at how he tried to lay the law down before he signed here. He told the Dolphins that he did not want Jim Mandich interrupting his play by play. Then at WQAM he tried to get George (who works solely with Neil) FIRED for a comment he made about Howard, and they actually laid George off until Neil got him back.

He came here thinking he was the shiznit, and his ratings have slid, and slid, and plenty of people have complained about his boring show. He's not going to be on the radio long, but working for the Dolphins is another thing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    heh, ive been up in orlando this whole year, and i have also not been awake for the morning show, so i didnt know what was going on, sorry guys...thought he was still on in the morning....

o well
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I agree Mandich is the best. I love his broadcast and his show.

Next David does fine, but I think Zimfer was better on the game broadcast, and I think the morning team of Joe Rose, Steve Goldstein, and Jeff Deforest was the best. WQAM screwed up when they dismatled that team. I know Defoe had the problem with receiving kick backs and that caused his termination. But man they lost something special when they lost that team.

As far as Neil Rodgers goes, I like him fine. SOmetime he is a little too much to take. His "me against the world" schtick gets a little tired.

Ferrell? The biggest no talent in the history of radio. I heard all this hype on the guy. I tuned in and was so disappointed. That trumped up voice (sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not) and absolutely just not funny. I wouldn't listen to him if they were paying me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mandich is awesome, I liked Zimpher as well since he was a homer, I loved the homer duo of Zimph and Mad Dog, David is a good play-by-play announcer but I do not know if I like him person wise.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember Mandich buying airtime on Sundays for he and Zimpf a while back. They still doing that??
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Muck

I'm one of those guys that will never be happy with an Ex Jets announcer broadcasting Fins games. Just dosen't feel right.
    Quote Quote